Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
A dissapointing treasure
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
About six months ago I was at an auction where about a dozen units were being auctioned. After the first few units were auctioned we were standing around and heard a women screaming. We went over and she had a box with 44K in it. Upon closer inspection she realized all the bills had teh same serial number, counterfits though pretty realistic looking ones. What a dissapointment for her.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: A dissapointing treasure
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
Haha man I would be so pissed if that happened to me!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Yeah, what a bummer!  I got a locker once with 3k in American Express Travelers checks (6 x $500) and I called AM EX, and they were legitimate numbers, and they were not signed!  Everything was looking pretty good until the lady at the bank noticed that it was missing a couple of the security features.  I was at the bank for an hour and a half while they checked them out and the banker guy was on the phone with American Express.  They turned out to be counterfeit, and AM EX wanted me to file a police report.  I ended up running them through a shredder and then burned them on the burn pile!  Easy come, easy go!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »
Oh man, talk about a let down!

The most cash I've ever found would be in the $40 to $50 range, often in jars of pennies, dimes, qtrs, etc and of course some bills now and again.

Collectible coins another story with my best being two coins in 2 different lockers. One 1816 50 cent piece with strangely worn outer edge...still went for $25. I kept it for awhile considering its history as being minted just 4 years after the war of 1812.

The other good coin was a silver dollar minted in Carson City, NV. Forget the year, but not the $72 I got for it.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
I have found over $4K in one unit before it was mostly in 1 dollar bills.  I normally only find a few dollars but I have had other units with over $100 in them.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
Most i have found in cash is 38 dollars. This was mostly coins, with 3 one dollar bills.
This was in a unit i paid 170 dollars for.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
I found a big box of old baseball cards and comics from the 50's soaked in soy sauce.The box above it contained a bunch of bottles with no covers on them.One was soy sauce that tipped over.This was 20 years ago at a barn sale.What a waste.That was a bad day,because i bought a coin collection for $150 and they were all fake coins.The coins were really for education.I guess i should of read the fine print on the back of the book were it said these are not real coins. ;D

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 12:30:14 PM »
Upon closer inspection she realized all the bills had teh same serial number, counterfits though pretty realistic looking ones.

I found 15 $100 bills while cleaning up the nightclub.  Same thing, really exited, untill I noticed they didn't look "right".   Closer look the serials were the same.

Guess its better i found them on the floor and not my till.....

I turned them over to police but years later thought back.....they only asked a couple questions then left.  No report.  Didnt ask for ID or contact ino. No checking our tills.  Never a followed up.

I'm thinking the cop just pocketed the bills.

xx
Not Really A Treasure But...

Started by HomeGrownPromos

4 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 07:42:28 AM
by SteveChesi
xx
Your personal treasure

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post October 21, 2013, 08:19:10 PM
by Travis