Storage Auctions

Entire retail store found in 10x25 unit, what did i pay?

Entire retail store found in 10x25 unit, what did i pay?
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
     Sorry I havent been on much lately. Been a little busy with liquidating a rather large unit i bought 2 weeks ago. I was at an auction that had 12 units up for sale. they only run 1 auction per year and generally run things very oddly. they move everything into different lockers and separate them into lots(to save space). Well, i didn't like this as most of the other 50 or so people did not.
     There was one locker that was huge, a 10x25 with a 15 foot ceiling(yes 15 feet tall). This locker was packed to the door and the only thing really visible were 4 gumball machines. The rest were boxes and some odds and ends. mainly boxes. after reading some of the wording on the boxes i somewhat incorrectly deduced that the locker was that of a silk screener or t-shirt printer. 
i estimated that(if it were boxes all the way back) that there were between 1500 and 2000 boxes. Now, when buying a business locker, there is always the   
fear that you are getting all their crappy paperwork, but i was sure there were not a 1000 boxes of paperwork. So long story short, i won the long for only SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. it took 3 26ft truckloads to get everything out. i am having it liquidated at a local auction company that i've had good success with. there were approximately 30 pallets worth of good sellable items all the way from nascar collectibles to new jackets and clothes new with tags. the guy also had a small trophy making business(same locker) that i sold separately for $2,000. after labor and storage fees i put my cost near $1000. also about 20 hours of my own time went in. Auction estimate is $15,000(my personal estimate is closer to 8k as im a essimist when it comes to these things. The items will all be in next weeks auction ending on nov 30th if you want to check it out. the site is called lastbidonline.com you can bid online but have to locally pick the items up. my items will all e under the heading "liquidation" and should begin being posted early next week. This was one of my better hits, I like to get 5 or 6 of these a year if possible, its GREAT though when you know you have it before you even look through the locker.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Entire retail store found in 10x25 unit, what did i pay?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:04:11 PM »
That's awesome dude! Glad you hit a good one.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »
The items will all be in next weeks auction ending on nov 30th if you want to check it out. the site is called lastbidonline.com you can bid online but have to locally pick the items up.

SPAMMER
       :spam1:
But seriously: :sign0098:

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
I only think of it as spam if it's by someone who doesn't regularly contribute to the forum.

Some forums don't allow it at all, but I don't mind letting you guys make a few plugs every now and then. Lord knows I did before I bought this forum. Best advertising $$$ I ever spent.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 08:01:42 PM »
haha, sorry. I don't really expect anyone on here to buy anything. Mainly did it so you could see the loot if you wanted to :P. I'm jonesing now though. no auctions on the horizon and I need something to sort through. Might have to hit some estate sales YUCK.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:04 PM »
no auctions on the horizon and I need something to sort through. Might have to hit some estate sales YUCK.

You could always make a drive to the big city.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
I only think of it as spam if it's by someone who doesn't regularly contribute to the forum.

And that's why I joked about it instead of deleting the post. :P

xx
New non retail store idea............

Started by Ironman

5 Replies
Last post November 29, 2011, 12:45:51 AM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Opening up Retail Store

Started by BMoney

6 Replies
Last post June 14, 2013, 08:16:46 PM
by jeremyandsara
xx
Advance purchase of an entire yard sale

Started by cstore7

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2013, 12:18:03 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
ENTIRE storage facilty (over 100 units) UP FOR SALE !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 09:40:06 AM
by craiglstauction