My first unit(s)

Re: My first unit(s)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 12:25:08 AM »
Wow. Cool cup.

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
Man that is just nuts.  $180+ bucks for a cup.  Doubt I'll find anything like that in the lockers around here.  Did find what I thought was cool - a Waffle House 2000 shirt - looks brand new in red.

As for ebay - I really don't like ebay and had stopped selling there for years.  But, for some of these cloths that just don't sell in my area I'll give them a try.  I'll use up my 50 free listings and once those are out I'm done for a month.  So far I've not come even close to useing 1/2 the listings.  As for mailing - I use USPS priority mail so all I supply is the tape on the boxes.  I still had a ton of boxes and such from when I did NASCAR / Coke bottle collectibles 4-5 years ago and did shippments every day.  It's like the two ties I put up last night.  See them going for $15-20 so I put them up at $5.  Was trying to sell them at the flea for $1 w/ zero interest.  So even w/ fees if they sale I'll make more money.  Pay the postage online - pack it up - and drop it in with all the mail from my work so no extra travel.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ANCHOR-HOCKING-FIRE-KING-PIZZA-HUT-MILK-GLASS-STACKABLE-COFFEE-MUG-HTF-L-K-/220871641189#ht_500wt_1413

So I think it is not so much that it is a "Pizza Hut" coffee mug, but that it is Anchor Hocking?

Something that looks like that would definetly get pulled out and researched, it does not look like your typical ceramic coffee mug we find by the dozens in lockers.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 08:01:22 AM »
So I think it is not so much that it is a "Pizza Hut" coffee mug, but that it is Anchor Hocking?

Something that looks like that would definetly get pulled out and researched, it does not look like your typical ceramic coffee mug we find by the dozens in lockers.

I have a McDonalds Anchor Hocking mug  and by the looks of it I would be lucky to get $5 for it.

Thank you for posting the photo.

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 08:50:38 AM »
Nice find on the mug!  I always pickup any cheap FireKing Mugs I run  across, you can make some pretty decent $ back on some of them for sure.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »
Nice find on the mug!  I always pickup any cheap FireKing Mugs I run  across, you can make some pretty decent $ back on some of them for sure.

OK, now it is starting to make more sense. It's a specialty area just like many others. Thanks to the two coffee mug promoters here for letting us know.

Now I know to look for Anchor Hocking with logos as well as FireKing.

So, the next lkr I get with the usual dozen or so coffee mugs I will NOW do a quick look before throwing them over the edge at the dump ! (as that is where the thousands we find in a couple of years of lkr buys actually belong)

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2011, 12:54:21 AM »
Yep. Pretty much any Anchor Hocking is worth taking a look at but there are others.

For instance, I've got the Neiman Marcus mugs. About 20 of them. I've sold 3 of them at $15 a piece in the past two days.

While, not a coffee mug, it was in the same box. I have about 10 Otagiri creamers in the shape of a fat farmer. $12 a pop and they're selling.

The Simpsons mug. $20.

Just keep your eyes out for anything unique or nostalgic. That type of stuff sells.

While $15 isn't a lot. It adds up with 20 of them and I only have to have one listing to post them in multiple quantities on buy it now.

For those of you that don't do ebay, keep chunking them I guess.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2011, 05:32:13 AM »
Thanks for all the info.. I would have either chunked them or sell them for .10 at a yard..
Will at least do a look through.. :D

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 04:32:12 PM »
wow, that cup would of ended up in my dollar pile if I had it. Glad I know better now, just in case I run across any of them.

xx
Comic book about gov't secrets getting auctioned off in a storage unit "Unit 44"

Started by StorageAuctionFinds

2 Replies
Last post October 17, 2013, 03:16:45 PM
by alloro
xx
Don't touch things in the unit or Don't get caught touching things in the unit?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 10:13:18 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Got Another Unit

Started by ZoSo

6 Replies
Last post May 04, 2011, 04:34:13 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
MY RAT UNIT