Storage Auctions

My Locker Find

My Locker Find
« on: July 04, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
They slid the door open and there it was, about a 90 year old chest that Barry always likes to buy. So in his honor I bid on the locker and wow, I got the locker for 275 dollars.  After clearing my path to the trunk, I drug it ut and man it was heavy so I knew it wasn't empty.  I said a little prayer and then opened the chest.  WOW, to my amazement it was loaded with money,  I shut it real fast so nobody could see what was in it.  I finally got a guy to help me lift it and put it in back of my truck and hurried home, then my neighbor helped me get it off and and we put it in my garage and I told him it was locked and was gonna have to have a locksmith come open it.  Once he left, I opened it and began counting and it took most of the night.  When I finished I couldn't believe it, I had $22,478,360.00 dollars.  I suspect it was a mob locker.  I'm living my life in fear now but think I am going to move to the french riverara.  22 million!!!!!.......OK, now if you believe this,then you are stupid enough to believe that show is real and that the lockers are not sprinkled with goodies in some lockers,garbage in others. The show is a hoax and some are dumb enough to believe it.  Some of those lockers where they profit 30K, i'm just so sure owners of lockers  like that leave them and say heck with it, I don't need that 30K.  That said, the show is still one of my favorites for one reason. BARRY.  That guy should have his own variety show , he cracks me up, he has to be a millionaire with all those bad rides he shows up in(that is if they are really his).   So if he is that rich he should just outbid Dave on every locker.  Jarrod and Brandy are not believeable because why would a honey like that marry a want to be thug like Jarrod?  hmmmm, guess thats all, so i'm going to go on out to my garage and roll around in my 22million.  Oh one more thing, owners of thes locker complex's are usually scum of the earth so any locker that goes past due , i'm sure they open them up and steal anything of value out of them. lmao, some of you are so gullible.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: My Locker Find
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »
 Jarrod and Brandy are not believeable because why would a honey like that marry a want to be thug like Jarrod?  

Guess you missed the episode where her tramp stamp was revealed.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
 Barry strikes me as a guy just trying to enjoy retirement.  He's got money but I know guys in produce. It's a hard business. You learn to take calculated risks. And, like stated in so many threads, we are all there for different reasons. He could outbid everyone but bids to what he thinks is good for whatever reason he's set up in hi head.

Brandi?  Well, girls tend to go for cocky a**holes.  Alpha male, sh*t.
But seems to have worked for her.  Decent enough looking guy. Loves his kds. Provides. Got some money now....     And he puts up with her b*tchy-ness.   (Tho, so would I....very few can wear "B*TCH" and make it look good.  ;)  ).  She met him young...Making it work. Good for them.

We're not gullible, WE understand it a f*cking tv show.  We've been doing this and the like way before it aired.  Most, yes, probably got into it with the notion we would make big bucks.
 But aftera while, it got to be all normal. None of it seemed like crimes. [sic] was just enterprising. He and the guys make bucks hustling while other guys sat on their asses waiting for handouts. Our husbands weren't brain surgeons, just blue-collar guys. The only way they could make real money was to go out and cut corners.  <enter stage left 'movieman' to voice over from shadow the name of movie qoute>

So once again, we understand the show isn't "fact", it's just entertainment.  If we want a show that isnt staged, facts, truth, unbiased opinions and "everything out in the open, no cover ups" we would watch Fox News like you.   ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

But after awhile, it got to be all normal. None of it seemed like crimes. Was just enterprising. He and the guys make bucks hustling while other guys sat on their asses waiting for handouts. Our husbands weren't brain surgeons, just blue-collar guys. The only way they could make real money was to go out and cut corners.  <enter stage left 'movieman' to voice over from shadow the name of movie qoute>

Character Henry Hill's wife Karen in "Goodfellas".

Later the actress who played Karen (forget her name at the moment) was Tony Soprano's shrink on "The Sopranos".

Edit: Karen and Dr. Melfi....played by Lorraine Bracco.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11:07 AM »
You, good sir, are correct....on all.   :D

And as side note, our dear Mr Henry Hill passed away last month.
He was an a*sshole but tried to redeem himself, just couldnt get a handle on the alcohol...but heck of a guy to talk to....and damn fine cook.  Glad I got the chance to know him.   Now, HH was a guy thy shoulda had on storage wars.  He woulda fit right in with that cast. 

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »
@pappa

Barry has a net worth of approx 12m.  He is retired and was in produce and dabbled in antiques throughout his life.  He is on the show because he is personal friends w Tom beers the executive producer.

Brandi and jarred met in a Vegas strip club that they both worked at.  He was security and she ... Worked there. 

Also keep in mind that he dresses like that because it's his character and he is partners with outlaw apparel which is now being sold on aetv dot com.

I have personally made quite a good living doing this however it is not without long hours and a reserved spot at the dump. despite what you see on the show it is possible just getting much harder.

My biggest cash score was 8k in a locker.  The guy went to jail for beating his wife and when he got locked up she took off so that's one way it could happen... The other is death and just life dealing you a bad hand.

In regards to the facilities being owned by scum most of the ones on the show are mom and pops which will allow the filming but most auctions are held at corporate owned facilities such as ps and extra space.  The managers would be the ones going through the units and I know for a fact some do but I also know that several have been fired lately for getting caught.  Corps aren't going to risk getting sued for millions so a manager can rummage through abandoned lockers.

As you clearly don't know much about the real business just the one on tv you should get out there and start buying and spend less time on your soapbox *****ing about a tv show.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »
I might be confused, but I thought I read a post here months ago from another forum member (Bandit?) who said Brandy & Jarrod were their neigbors in Boston and got their start in re-selling by flipping computers on Craigslist and fixing up used cars?

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:40:52 PM »
Nope Brandi and Jarrod are from the west coast.  You may be thinking of the awful couple from Storage Hunters.  They grew up in Boston and moved to Cali.

Here is a bit from queenoftheclicked

3&4) Brandi & Jarrod Schultz – these are the underdogs and everyone loves them. Jared and Brandi have a shop called’ Now and Then Second Hand Store’ located  at 810 N. Tustin Ave. in Orange. and use the storage lockers to fill their store. They don’t usually have a lot of money to use in buying lockers, but they have a good chemistry and are a good couple. A lot of people think Brandi is mean to Jared, but I think Brandi is just a smart business woman and balances Jared Schultz. Recently, Sheets referred to Jarrod and Brandi as newlyweds, but they are not married (as confirmed in the 9/1/11 show). Jarrod and Brandi met when Brandi took a job where  Jarrod worked 12 or 13 years ago. He liked her right away and told his boss that if Brandi was hired, he was going to date her. Brandi said she was not fond of Jarrod in the beginning.    ....

They keep it pretty tight on exactly where they met but it was at a strip club.

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 08:30:42 AM »
They slid the door open and there it was, about a 90 year old chest that Barry always likes to buy. So in his honor I bid on the locker and wow, I got the locker for 275 dollars.  After clearing my path to the trunk, I drug it ut and man it was heavy so I knew it wasn't empty.  I said a little prayer and then opened the chest.  WOW, to my amazement it was loaded with money,  I shut it real fast so nobody could see what was in it.  I finally got a guy to help me lift it and put it in back of my truck and hurried home, then my neighbor helped me get it off and and we put it in my garage and I told him it was locked and was gonna have to have a locksmith come open it.  Once he left, I opened it and began counting and it took most of the night.  When I finished I couldn't believe it, I had $22,478,360.00 dollars.  I suspect it was a mob locker.  I'm living my life in fear now but think I am going to move to the french riverara.  22 million!!!!!.......OK, now if you believe this,then you are stupid enough to believe that show is real and that the lockers are not sprinkled with goodies in some lockers,garbage in others. The show is a hoax and some are dumb enough to believe it.  Some of those lockers where they profit 30K, i'm just so sure owners of lockers  like that leave them and say heck with it, I don't need that 30K.  That said, the show is still one of my favorites for one reason. BARRY.  That guy should have his own variety show , he cracks me up, he has to be a millionaire with all those bad rides he shows up in(that is if they are really his).   So if he is that rich he should just outbid Dave on every locker.  Jarrod and Brandy are not believeable because why would a honey like that marry a want to be thug like Jarrod?  hmmmm, guess thats all, so i'm going to go on out to my garage and roll around in my 22million.  Oh one more thing, owners of thes locker complex's are usually scum of the earth so any locker that goes past due , i'm sure they open them up and steal anything of value out of them. lmao, some of you are so gullible.

ha-ha I was going to type "AND THEN U WOKE UP!"

xx
It'll be a while before you find one of these in a locker !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post November 16, 2013, 11:52:26 PM
by Travis
xx
How Would Be To Find These In A Storage Locker

Started by monkeybusiness

2 Replies
Last post July 25, 2011, 09:35:32 PM
by monkeybusiness
xx
I hope I never find anything like this in a locker