Storage Auctions

Our best hit.

Our best hit.
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »
It's not really a storage auction though.  We also go to bankruptcy auctions. in this case it was a big electrical contractor that had gone under.  This auction overall was our best one ever.  The first, and fasted, good hit from it was the contents of a bunch of shelves in a conex container, bought for $75 (not the container though).  We are using the shelves in our warehouse, sold about $200 in scrap metal, another couple hundred in tools, and a tractor part that went for $100 minutes after buying the lot.  $75 into a little over $500 seemed great, but that wasn;t the best thing.

I also bought a cabinet full of stuff, normal aluminum cabinet you might find in an office, for $100 - mostly because I wanted the cabinet and figured I'd make a little on the contents..  It had a computer we kept, and a bunch of small items that went for about $200.  It also had these three gas detector things that I didn't know anything about at the time.  I little research and the right contact (and a little luck) and these NETTED us $1500 after being refurbished. 

$100 into about $1700.  Made up for the time I turned a $400 locker into two dump runs at $20 a piece and maybe $30 in sales.

Re: Our best hit.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 08:17:13 PM »
nice !

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
Awesome.Congrats!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
Dang - nice haul you had there Vince.  I've attended a few of those types of auctions before - is how I got into storage auctions.  In my area those auctions are normally hit or miss.  Glad you found this auction.