Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Philco 10664 Antique Radio
« on: March 19, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »
Ducked out of work for a few hours yesterday to check out a couple auctions. One unit was two laundry baskets with a blanket over each nothing else.

Auctioneer tried to start the bidding at $50 nobody bid, I called out $5 and they started there, a guy bid $10, I bid $15 and got the unit.

One basket was full of mosaic bathroom tile probably about 23 sq ft. Looks like expensive stuff to, stuff that in store would be like $18 a sq ft.

The other basket looked under the blanket and there was a Philco 10663 old radio. I found a pic of one online, I'll post pics of mine later. Mine is actually in much better shape than this one. Mine isn't mint but looks like it has had some restoration and it plays

Curious to see what it brings.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Philco 10664 Antique Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »
Do you have a year on it? The cover over the speaker dates it to the 1950's. Philco was known for their televisions. Good news is that radios are more collectible than televisions. Pre 1949 radios are even more collectible. You might be able to get $75-$100 for yours...it really depends on the quality of the restoration. I love old radios and TVs....tv & radio collecting is still fairly inexpensive....give it another 20 years and you will see some real appreciation. Some people are even removing the tubes from the old tv's and replacing them with modern screens and audio systems. Old look with new technology.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:56 PM »
TC you seem pretty knowledgable about these. I'll have to post some pics of my specific one and see what you think of it.

If $75 is the price range I'll probably give it to my dad or grandpa as they like this kinda stuff. If I'm able to get a little more maybe try to sell it.

Thanks for the info.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 11:36:42 PM »
Old radios can go for anything between 25 and 7000 dollars, all depending on condition, brand, and year it is from.
Also design is importent, not mention the quality of the product when it hit the market, was it a cheap brand or a high-end brand.
One last thing is, there is in some cases, radio is one of them. You get more for old radios in certain areas, then others. Meaning they can sell for more in NY then in LA. Or more in Miami then in Portland.

In your case i can tell you that you are sitting on something older then the 1950's.

I can help you, with age, value, and anything you would need to sell this radio to the right person, for the right price.
The value on this radio is more then what have been said above here. If you want me to help, send me an email.
[email protected]

The model you have there was known to collectors as the "Bing Crosby Special"  and it was sold in the early to mid 40's.

Like i said, i have more information about it if you want it.

xx
CQ, CQ, calling all ham radio operators !

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post December 05, 2011, 10:41:10 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Fire extinguisher and radio shack computer

Started by terrorbow

4 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 06:33:50 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Antique Dollhouse