Storage Auctions

Pretty interesting find........

Pretty interesting find........
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
We went to a moving company sale where they were selling off the crates that people failed to keep current. We bid on a couple  but they went beyond what I was willing to pay so we finally got the one we had eyeballed all day.

The crates were being sold in lots by however many crates that person had so this one had 6 crates. If you ever go to one of these if you look on the side of the crate you can see the date it was stored and this was stored in July of 1989. Yeah thats right 89 so its been sitting in this warehouse for almost 23 years.

We didnt see this when we bid but this is a Hand Carved wooden Bar. The painting on it are also hand carved and hand painted. They are like 2D as the buildings and mountains are all raised about the rest of the wood along with other things in this art.

It has lights about all 3 paintings and one in the back side of the bar where the shelves are. It even has the German plug for power. We have looked all over the net and we cant find anything even close to this and it seems as though this thing is Unique within itself. We cant find who made it or when but I know it was bought in the time frame of 1981-1983 but dont know if it was bought new or not...

Just check out the pics and tell me what ya think.....

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Pretty interesting find........
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:19:52 PM »
Very pretty. I would think it will sell easily enough.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 04:52:25 PM »
Can you show a picture of the inside?  It almost looks like an information kiosk, However, I am not an expert.  Check out this site architecturalantiques.com and see if they may be able to point you in the right direction.  Good luck with it, I have never seen anything like it.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »
Well I was stationed in Germany in the late 80s and had seen them in peoples houses but they were not the same as this one is and TY for the website I have emailed them and sent the pics in hopes they can point me in the right direction with this,

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:17:39 PM »
Honestly, I simply love this piece.

I think it would make a great bar for someone's ski-town cabin/chalet.

That is probably how I would market it, but I live in Central Texas, so I'd be in trouble.   ::)

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
I have a bar very similar in my store which also has a 3D wall hanging that goes with it. The wood carvings look to be the exact same artist. On the wall picture the light switch is the tree its a rocker switch. You push the tree and it lights up with 4 different colored light bulbs.

I will take a pic oMondayay and post it. i also am trying to learn more about the one i have. Some that have seen mine think it is from Austria or Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:56:44 PM »
Well we are having an expert come in next week to look at it. I think it would be a Great Hostess stand for a German Eatery. I mean they could have the hostess there and Cash Register also so when they pay the bill. I have contacted 4 local German Establishments and have gotten 1 reply and sent more pics.

It may be a hard piece to unload but I think when it goes the payoff will be a good one.

I will let you all know what the guy says next week and when I sell it and for how much.

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »
Good luck unloading it.  That is a pretty cool thing to find in a unit.  Beats out all the dirty cloths, furniture, and matresses by a long shot. 

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:49 AM »
Here  are the pics of mine.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »
Well Cash................... it looks we have pieces made by either the same person or same company. I know this guy was stationed in Germany in the early 80s and it has the European power plug on mine so I guess its possible its from Austria or Switz too.

Not sure but by looking at your picture they came from the same place.I mean look at the moose in your pic and then find the pic that has my moose. They are identical...... There are no markings on this to let me know who made it or when or what exact country. The person that can let me know will be here on Wed so I will let you know whats up with yours too......LOL

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »
Ach Du Lieber!!  Good luck!

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:44 AM »
Those pieces are fantastic!  I love oddball pieces and I've never seen anything like those....well until today and I've now 'seen' two, but I digress~

Very cool!
Best of luck to you on the sale Lockerfreq~

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 05:50:42 AM »
Any updates on your bar?

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
Had to reschedule for the guy to look at it something came up but tomorrow morning at 8:30 is the appointment so we will see.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
Did you faint over what he told you ????

Or are you out parting ?

Wait I know you are finding that potential buyer before you post what you found out.  ;)

Impatiently waiting.  :D

xx
Not My Story.....But Interesting....Hope To NEVER Find One Of These!

Started by the teacher

1 Replies
Last post November 05, 2012, 10:05:10 PM
by Travis
xx
doin pretty good

Started by BigBizzz

8 Replies
Last post October 23, 2011, 08:50:32 PM
by BigBizzz
xx
Pretty Rough Storm Came Through Our Area