Storage Auctions

The reality...

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: The reality...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 07:30:49 AM »
Okay I'm confused. By all accounts this is a success story and should inspire people. Why is it considered an example of why people would quit?

Cause there was some good stuff, some pretty good stuff, some OK stuff, some junk, all the usual stuff we find that you got to hussle various ways to get it to sell. Too many people think every storage unit has the potential to make thousands of dollars. Just not the case. It's kinda funny cause I guess the average price for a storage unit on the TV shows is about $1500 - $2000, then I see newbies grin from ear to ear when they get a unit for $800 thinking they are going to find $3000-$5000 worth of stuff just like in TV. That same unit I would'nt go higher then $200, and I am pretty sure that unless they get lucky there is not more then $400-$500 worth of typical used household items in there, average furniture, used clothing, used kitchen ware, maybe a couple of console TVs, DVD player or two, random video games and components, used CDs used DVD movies, maybe a few tools, Christmas ornaments, used linens, used toys. No guns, No priceless antiques, No rare fady collectibles, No high-end artwork, No safes, No LARGE stashes of gold & silver jewelry, No gold coins, No Harley Davidson motorcycles, No Polaris ATVs, ETC, ETC, ETC...

Not so much an example of why they should quit as why they do quit.

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
Okay I'm confused. By all accounts this is a success story and should inspire people. Why is it considered an example of why people would quit?

alloro it is a success story for us...good mix of stuff which should show profit over time.  ...a couple of cool things.  One big learning experience (MJ autograph) that was probably lost...and a lot of work.  For us fun...for most people I see walking up and down the street.  Not so much.

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
Haven't ever been there for the auction.  Always the clean up.  If you see a blonde woman with a dragon tattoo on her upper arm say "hi" to my wife for me.  You may see her more during the week than me. :)

xx
What an item is actually worth - reality vs the reality shows

Started by Restrain

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
by luke
xx
Reality TV Goes In All Directions....Add One Here !

Started by MovieMan

16 Replies
Last post January 28, 2012, 04:11:54 PM
by Magickalmoon01
xx
This Guys Reality.......

Started by the teacher

7 Replies
Last post February 21, 2012, 05:53:48 AM
by money4nothing
xx
New Reality Show for Houston, TX.