Storage Auctions

Wish I could smelt!

Offline Alias

• View Profile
Wish I could smelt!
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
I rent a room to a friend since he's only in town maybe a week a month.
He works gold mines all over.  This latest job they set allowed to take quarry for souvenirs.
Brought back big chunks of quarts with bueatiful lines of gold and silver thru them.

Unfourtunatly the company will prosecute if they find you are selling it. We did the math from what this mine is rated at and each rock has about $50-100 in gold, plus the silver

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink....

At least I'll have some nice book ends when I cut and polish .....and my nephew thinks he's rich now. lol

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Wish I could smelt!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
So don't sell it (as is.) Either give it to someone you trust and have them sell it, or as you say, melt it down then sell it.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »
Well, I know the possibility is slim they could find out but if they did he wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere. And all mines know the chemical structure of 'their' gold so if we tried to sell it to smelt they would know right where it came from.

I'll try to get some picks up. The viens are truly beautiful.
And crystals so clear and smooth you wouldn't believe they were just plucked from the earth.
They look cut and polished!  Now those we can sell. Mine doesn't care about those.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 07:59:20 PM »
Cut and polish them would make great gifts / sold.  Better then melting them IMO.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:29:31 PM »

Brought back big chunks of quarts with beautiful lines of gold and silver thru them.

If your interested in getting the gold out of the rock, why not put the rock in a cloth and beat the hell out of it with a hammer. Once you make it into a fine powder, you should be able to get the gold by panning it. Not sure about the silver however. 

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
I rent a room to a friend since he's only in town maybe a week a month.
He works gold mines all over.  This latest job they set allowed to take quarry for souvenirs.
Brought back big chunks of quarts with bueatiful lines of gold and silver thru them.

Unfourtunatly the company will prosecute if they find you are selling it. We did the math from what this mine is rated at and each rock has about $50-100 in gold, plus the silver

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink....

At least I'll have some nice book ends when I cut and polish .....and my nephew thinks he's rich now. lol
Arent smelts some weird cathloic dish made of fish