Storage Auctions

Won my first auction. Crafts galore!

Won my first auction. Crafts galore!
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:37:34 AM »
Hi all,

I am somewhat new to the storage auction scene. I have attended several auctions and bought my first unit last week.

The woman who owned the locker attended classes and taught crafts.  We found hundreds of unpainted ceramic figures,

enough to open a store!  I am trying to find someone to buy in bulk to get it out.  We also found about 20 different doll

molds, doll parts.  Craft flowers with the tags all still on. Tons of paints and glazes a lot still sealed.  Found an airbrush set with the retail price of 118.00 unused.

A huge victorian dollhouse kit that retails for 228.00.  Lots if new in box emmett kelly clown figures, some limited edition.  A snap on channel lock pliers, on ebay now. Paint brushed thousands of craft beads,  new in packages, sealed stamp pads.  Hundreds of fabric patterns and fabrics. It was like a craft horders paradise!

The unit was 5x10 crammed full. We paid 45.00 for it.  So far I sold a ceramic book I found for 20.00. Just have to get all this stuff listed ugh!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Won my first auction. Crafts galore!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:25:47 AM »
Sounds like you will do well on this unit!! You definitely want to find someone who will buy some of those items in bulk!

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
My wife and I bought a fabric + peripherals lot at our charity auction. We spent $23 on the lot with 100+ pounds of fabrics, yarn, quilting supplies, etc.

I know we will make money on it, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the time and effort needed to turn it over. And honestly, it's so cumbersome, I've been avoiding it.  ;)

Oh well. Etsy, here we come!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 12:02:17 PM »
Yes the fabrics are a pain. I know nothing about fabrics whatsoever. There are some attractive ones there though. Luckily a lot still have the tag on with the size and type of material.  One interesting one I found was a coca cola tapestry like fabric. I can't remember the size but I think that may sell well. 

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
Like matches said definitely check into etsy if you did not know about it

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
Yes I made an account with etsy and will try my luck there. I may list the fabric patterns as a lot since I have so many.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
Think I would hold some fabric aside to  reupholster chairs...

The locker sounds like a good flea market find. Get all those people with dreams of doing artsy stuff and never do. Will find it all in another locker a few years from now. lol

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »
Think I would hold some fabric aside to  reupholster chairs...

I like that idea.

I'm keeping a couple pieces for ebay photo backdrops. I drape it over my couch and have a good spot to shoot my items.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:13:15 PM »
You can hardly go wrong with a full locker for $45.  Even if you sold everything at $1 each you would make money.  Gratz on your first locker.

Sounds like some good flea material also.  I know arts/crafts do well at my local flea.  I just have not found anything to take.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 07:47:11 PM »
Sounds like a nice locker.

Saving some for chairs is a great idea. Washing some of the clothes we got came across a nice sheet, real heavy but was ripped down one side. Covering six metal chairs with it.

Have tones of yarn , older than dirt somewhere in the 30 year old department. Inherited it. Sold $400 worth at a yard sale (about 6 garbage bags full) Taking some to the Flea this weekend.

Good luck.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 07:50:05 AM »
Hi all,

I am somewhat new to the storage auction scene. I have attended several auctions and bought my first unit last week.

The woman who owned the locker attended classes and taught crafts.  We found hundreds of unpainted ceramic figures,

enough to open a store!  I am trying to find someone to buy in bulk to get it out.  We also found about 20 different doll

molds, doll parts.  Craft flowers with the tags all still on. Tons of paints and glazes a lot still sealed.  Found an airbrush set with the retail price of 118.00 unused.

A huge victorian dollhouse kit that retails for 228.00.  Lots if new in box emmett kelly clown figures, some limited edition.  A snap on channel lock pliers, on ebay now. Paint brushed thousands of craft beads,  new in packages, sealed stamp pads.  Hundreds of fabric patterns and fabrics. It was like a craft horders paradise!

The unit was 5x10 crammed full. We paid 45.00 for it.  So far I sold a ceramic book I found for 20.00. Just have to get all this stuff listed ugh!

Welcome to the wonderful world of "I see all this money in front of me, now how do I sell it!" It can be quit chalenging knowing you have hundreds of dollars of merchandise for the right buyer, it's just finding the right buyer or letting them find you.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:13 AM »
Good news!   I received an email response from a woman interested in the doll molds. Even better, I looked her up and she is an artist who has owned her own ceramic store for 20 years and teaches art classes!   She was a featured Artist for channel 12 PEW spotlight and A morning TV program “Good Day America” In 1997 she was chosen in the Philadelphia’s Inquire Magazine as one of five Emerging artists.  Maybe she will be interested in the other stuff as well or know someone who may be interested. 

The fabric backdrop idea is great! I never thought to use it for ebay pics.

xx
Arcade Galore

Started by CollectOrForget

5 Replies
Last post October 14, 2011, 08:20:18 PM
by Leota
xx
Abandoned Property Auction Listed on Virtual Storage Auction

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post May 06, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
by Alias300
xx
Anyone ever go to your citys municipal vehicle auction or seized car auction?

Started by rulesforrebels

7 Replies
Last post September 27, 2014, 11:18:07 AM
by alloro
xx
Guess the auction selling prices on these items at a piece by piece auction

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 06:02:31 PM
by SteveChesi