Storage Auctions

Gearing up...

Gearing up...
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:00:20 AM »
Gearing up for a new month of auctions...

It's gonna turn cold.. so maybe I will have some luck buying this month..

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Gearing up...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 11:12:46 AM »
It's hard to say for sure. On AuctionsTX.com, we see an increase in registrations in the cooler months, but that's understandable because summer can be brutal here in Texas.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 03:55:47 PM »
In NY our numbers go up in the winter.  More contractors, landscapers ..etc. that are shut down due to the weather come out.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
From my understanding, cold months means higher numbers but I am new to this. I will be started in the next few weeks. Trying to get a feel for everything.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:52:13 PM »
I don't know what's worse, cleaning out a unit when it's hot and humid or cold and rainy.

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »
I perfer the HEAT..  The cold just makes my me miserable...  The heat I can at least slow down a little..  At least they don't smell as bad in the winter....  Oh wait that could be my nose being stuffed up.

Anyway... Got 2 units yesterday, went to clear one, the storage owner, a nice guy came up, about 30 minutes after I left the owner of one wanted the unit back..  had some of her parents/grand parents stuff in it.  maybe 450-500$ worth of furniture if I sold it, bunch of personal effects, clothes, etc..  I gave 60$ for the unit, sold it back to her for 350$ and she was happy as a lark.  I sorted the unit so had maybe an hour in it. So all in all I was pretty okay, with work I could have got a little more out of it.. but her kids photos were all there, and they were cute kids, bibles in the unit. good grades, good conduct awards.. and I just felt for her. 

I would have had another 8 hours work or so to make maybe 100-150$ more if I was a jerk about it.

The other unit - Wacky find -  Girls unit - totally - New Victoria Secrets stuff (several pink bags, still have their tags)  Zumba DVD's etc,  baby girl toys, clothes, Nice strapples dress, matching purse (probably cost more than the unit back rent)  Baby cradle, board games, All girl stuff.  In the cradle was some clothes, baby clothes - in them was a small carpenters level...  Only "GUY" think in the unit..  Had a white Christmas tree all boxed up, a box of ornaments ALL PINK.. 

A nice play in for a baby.. a box of CF lightbulbs for home use. 

and a common find these days, a DVR box..  Gotta love those... Almost always have a 360gb to 1 or 1.5 TB hard drive in them. :93:

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:29:07 PM »
I think $350 is fair, after all, that's probably about what she owed the storage facility.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
That was my guess...  it was only a 5x15 so a small unit..