Storage Auctions

From a newbie about what might be a good buy

Offline DE

From a newbie about what might be a good buy
« on: September 10, 2015, 12:59:43 PM »
Hello, I'm new at this and wondered if any of you that have had lots of experience, could tell me what you would likely put a high bid from the pictures provided by the online auction. It would be evident if there were bikes or appliances etc what they might be worth, but what about just a bunch of boxes stacked tall, what would one assume or try to deduct from that about its value, and would you bid high or stay safely low? Thanks so much!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: From a newbie about what might be a good buy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »
My rule of thumb is to bid on only what is visible. Boxes will mostly hold old books, clothes, decorations, or paperwork and tend to yield little value. If there happens to be something of value in a box I just consider it a bonus find.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 07:18:39 PM »
Box units have become less profitable over the last several years and the titles on the boxes less trustworthy, except the ones that say "yard sale" & "goodwill", believe those!

Offline MarkSindone

• You Can Always Try Harder
    • View Profile
    • Supercheap Storage Inner West
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »
I would suggest that you play it safe as well. If you think you've got a lot of money to blow then sure, why not gamble a little? I also wouldn't be too bothered with units that are too neat. Chances are that the previous owner was good at cataloguing their things and kept all the precious stuff in a much safer and secured place than a storage unit - perhaps a safe deposit box. Haha!

xx
IM STILL A NEWBIE BUT I HAVE A GOOD SUGGESTION FOR EVERYONE-

Started by johnnyghonda

9 Replies
Last post September 01, 2011, 08:23:01 AM
by Cobia
xx
Another Newbie

Started by jeannine

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 10:58:51 PM
by monkeybusiness