Storage Auctions

HVAC Equipment

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
HVAC Equipment
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »
Does anyone here have experience reselling used HVAC equipment?

I came across two Amana 4 ton and one Amana 5 ton condensers, a Carrier furnace and an Amana air handler. They might have all came from one large house. All appear to be just a few years old. Any idea what they're worth?

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: HVAC Equipment
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
Sorry.   Not much use for air conditioners in my neck of the woods.
It's almost July and my furnace still turns on at night.......

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »
It hasn't been too bad this year here in Central Texas. Normally, you're drenched in sweat (from the humidity) if you stand outside for 5 minutes.

Why do I live here again?  ??? 

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »

Why do I live here again?  ???

Because the pay is the same as here but cost of living is half? .......a $500,000 home here is under $200,000 there?...women in summer dresses and cowboy boots are hot?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »
...women in summer dresses and cowboy boots are hot?

Yep, and we all ride our horses to work too.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Check with smaller HVAC companies. They're always looking for a deal on equipment. I'm under the impression that small HVAC companies sell the systems for a commission, they don't own it outright.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
Check with smaller HVAC companies. They're always looking for a deal on equipment. I'm under the impression that small HVAC companies sell the systems for a commission, they don't own it outright.

I'll look into that...might be an option.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 07:01:12 AM »
I'd say your best bet is to check any hvac tech schools in your area. Chances are they know plenty of people who deal in what you have and if they are defective in any way, they may fix them for the price of parts for classroom experience.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »
Yep, and we all ride our horses to work too.

I was simply stating that I find women in summer dresses and cowboy boots appealing.
We don't get that much on this side of the mountains here.  However, I see it frequently down there.
Not trying to stereotype you big hat wear'n, gun loving, rednecks by any means!   ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
I was simply stating that I find women in summer dresses and cowboy boots appealing.
We don't get that much on this side of the mountains here.  However, I see it frequently down there.
Not trying to stereotype you big hat wear'n, gun loving, rednecks by any means!   ;D

No offense taken...just giving you hard time.  ;)

So, I ended up winning the auction. Here are the pics. Paid $1100 with tax for the unit. Hoping to double or triple my money. Should be able to get at least $750 for the stainless double oven. As silly as it sounds, the main reason I bought the unit was because I needed the trash can. LOL  If any of you know the value of this equipment, let me know.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
So....someone stripped thier house before Sheriffs office pad locked it up for foreclosure?

I think you did well at $1100.  Might take a bit to sell but even if it doesn't work some HVAC guy might pick it up to fix.

I'm always gun shy on those units.   If I don't have a ready market for an item I'm just scared to dish out $1100 even tho I know its worth way more.   

So any thoughts on where your going to try and sell?   Or just CL it?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:25 PM »
I'm posting on Craigslist like crazy. I have to go to Fort Worth tomorrow to pay for it and I'm trying to find a buyer while I'm there. I don't want to make another trip there if I don't have to because I'm 200 miles away.

Here is my dilemma. Do I rent a U-Haul and hire a few guys to load the stuff and then bring it back with me or do I rent the unit and wait for a buyer and then make the trip back to Fort Worth.

It's going to cost me at least $500 to transport the stuff but I'll have the ability to sell the pieces individually.

If I rent the unit and leave it there, I'll have to find one buyer to take everything...which is going to be more difficult plus I'll have to drive back out there again.

Maybe I'll just remove my new trash can and put the unit up for sale on VirtualStorageAuction.com.  ;D

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
I'd be very tempted to rent unit with the higher population of the DFW area.

But with a 200 mile drive, might take a bit to sell all as one lot....tough one.

I'd probably leave it for a month, try to sell there and VSA.  I'd rather drive 200 than load all that.....

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
I got on the phone and called 30 or so HVAC companies...nobody wanted the stuff due to the liability.

I was on the freeway driving out there and about 5 minutes from my exit a guy in an AC repair truck merged into the lane in front of me. The guy had his phone number on his back window and something just kept telling me to call him. So, I trusted my instinct and called...and he bought everything but the stainless double oven and the trash can. The best part about it, he had a trailer attached to the truck and a employee with him that moved everything. He even lived a block away from the storage facility, so we went to his place and he got the cash out of his safe. Done deal. Took 30 minutes. I was even able to fit the double oven and the trash can in my MDX. Just barely.

Anyway, I'm in the black, I still have a $750 appliance to sell and my wife is stoked about the trash can she's been asking for for months. Aint life grand.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 06:40:49 PM »
There you go! The smaller HVAC companies are always looking for those kinds of deals!

xx
Heavy Equipment

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 10:27:19 AM
by Travis
xx
Exercise Equipment

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 12:32:06 PM
by craiglstauction