Storage Auctions

Ornate Executive Desk

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Ornate Executive Desk
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
Does anyone know what this executive desk might be worth? It's pretty ornate and it's solid wood.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Ornate Executive Desk
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Well, with your totally awesome photography skills and description of item.....   

I've seem similar at estate sales for $350....listed, don't know if they sold.

What kind of wood is that?   Does it have an inlay top or leather? What style are the feet?  How's it held together?  Pegs, screws.....any glue.

I don't know about your area but up in Dallas this stuff in inexpensive compared to Seattle, even more in Vancouver, BC......hard to put value on it.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
Does anyone know what this executive desk might be worth? It's pretty ornate and it's solid wood.

Maybe if you take it out of storage, give us pictures all the way around, measurements, and name brand; we could help you.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 11:26:20 AM »
I appreciate the effort. It's in an online storage auction so measurements are available. My guess is about 4.5 feet. It has a solid wood top and I think it has ball and claw legs. The wood? No idea. I was just trying to get a ball park figure.  Here is a slightly better photo of the back.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
I appreciate the effort. It's in an online storage auction so measurements and better description are not possible at this time. I was just trying to get a ball park figure.  Here is a slightly better photo of the back.

Looks to short to be an executive desk. Looks like a coffee table from Rooms To Go or Ashley furniture or related. Re-sale value $75-$100.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:26 AM »
It's definitely a 4-5 foot executive desk.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »
Yeah, without seeing in person I'd go conservative. 

With stuff just piled on top: 1) most likely a bit scuffed at minimum. 2) I'd assume they didn't value it to high themselves.

Looks a bit generic and doesn't seem to show any age.  Really like the legs, though.....

I think a conservative guess would be a resale would be  $75-$100, like Cobia said.
If you want to gamble on its value.... I personally, still wouldn't estimate it over a $200 sale when adding up the unit.

xx
Antique secretaries desk?

Started by otbg

7 Replies
Last post August 23, 2015, 11:08:45 PM
by AndrewCampbell1