Storage Auctions

The Motherload of Fishing Tackle / Lures

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
The Motherload of Fishing Tackle / Lures
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
I bought this unit last week that had a lot of hunting, fishing and military gear in it. Anyway, the tackle box I found is packed full of stuff. I know this guy spent a lot of money on the tackle and lures, I just don't know how to value it all. I'm going to sell it as a package deal. The tackle case is really nice with lots of compartments. There are about 40 packages of new worms and tons of lures. Hopefully someone here can help me put a price on it. What do you think I should ask for everything?  The scroll bar is at the very bottom of all the photos.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: The Motherload of Fishing Tackle / Lures
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »
I've never been good with is fishing gear. All looks the same to me.  One lure could be $50 while the next that looks identical to me is $0.99.

I'll show the pics to my friend and see if he can identify anything.  He's one of those guys that gets up at 2am, drives an hour, hikes an hour, fishes for an hour or two, hikes out and heads to work.....little crazy about fishing.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
I'm just thinking about selling it for a nice round number like $200 for everything. I may be leaving money on the table, but it's quick and easy and I'm already in the profit on this unit.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:00:00 PM »
I won't be seeing my friend until Saturday.  If you still have it I'll get his opinion.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:02:45 AM »
That is a great find Travis.

Thanks. Some fisherman on Craigslist is salivating as we speak. It's a really nice set, it'll just take someone who knows what's there to see the value.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:55 PM »
Most of the lures and spoons you have there are fairly new. However, before you sell that bag pull out the 2 that have the treble hooks attached by a screwed down metal plate instead of being attached by a imbedded ring. They are both upside down and I cant see the rest of them to judge, but in my experience that is a good sign that they are older and may be of more interest to a collector than for fishing.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »
I don't know...this all seems fishy to me!

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
I'm with Auctions4store on this one. There are a couple in there that without seeing them up close could be older and worth some money. You may want to take them to someone local that knows about this kind of thing. It is very rare to see new wooden lures. Just saying...

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:07 PM »
Final selling price after 2 weeks on Craigslist was $150.

xx
old fishing lures

Started by rkegerise5

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 03:15:47 AM
by rollinradios