Storage Auctions

Anyone have any luck selling "lots" of merchandise on craigslist to sellers?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
I'm always collecting more stuff than I can possibly sell myself and am trying to clear out some space as well as just get rid of a lot of stuff I've been hanging onto to sell myself at flea markets and such. Just don't have time now and weathers going to be going downhill not that long from now.

Was thinking about putting an ad on craigslist trying to sell "lots" of merchandise at highly discounted prices to other flea market sellers and or ebay sellers. Anyone had any luck doing something like this?

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
I'm always collecting more stuff than I can possibly sell myself and am trying to clear out some space as well as just get rid of a lot of stuff I've been hanging onto to sell myself at flea markets and such. Just don't have time now and weathers going to be going downhill not that long from now.

Was thinking about putting an ad on craigslist trying to sell "lots" of merchandise at highly discounted prices to other flea market sellers and or ebay sellers. Anyone had any luck doing something like this?

Depends what you mean by "luck". If you just have to get rid of it, put it on the free section of CL and they will kill each other trying to get to your door first. I sold a trailer load of stuff to a guy at flea market for $25. Getting any more is like pulling teeth, mainly because most people in this business assume you have already sold the quality stuff and you probably are not going to accidently leave any "gems" in the left over inventory. But you might get a little more from somebody.

When (if) you put bulk lots of flea market/garage sale type items on Craigslist be prepared for dozens of requests for you to donate the items to whatever (alleged) charity might be responding. I tried that once and it was more hassle than it was worth. Never got a response from anyone interested in buying the stuff.
I did, however, find a buyer for my small items when a family came and looked at some other things I had for sale. I have sold them about 5 loads so far. I try to figure what I would sell the stuff for at a yard sale and then ask about 1/5 of that for the load.
I figure as long as I sell it to them low enough that they make money, they will keep buying it.
Hope some of that helps.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
When (if) you put bulk lots of flea market/garage sale type items on Craigslist be prepared for dozens of requests for you to donate the items to whatever (alleged) charity might be responding. I tried that once and it was more hassle than it was worth. Never got a response from anyone interested in buying the stuff.
I did, however, find a buyer for my small items when a family came and looked at some other things I had for sale. I have sold them about 5 loads so far. I try to figure what I would sell the stuff for at a yard sale and then ask about 1/5 of that for the load.
I figure as long as I sell it to them low enough that they make money, they will keep buying it.
Hope some of that helps.

I have had no luck getting rid of items in bulk. which is truly sad.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
yeah it's surprising its so hard to sell lots or bulk items. I constantly see people on various forums asking questions like wehre can I get stuff cheap to sell at flea markets or on ebay. I see it asked all the time but apparently its hard to find them lol

I just sold all the leftovers to a neighbor down the street.  I sold what I could on yard sale time and when it was all said and done, a neighbor came over and I told them:

"yep, im going to box all this up and sell it as a lot for $100, but im really looking to just get rid of it"

Them:  "will you take $50?"

Me:  "Sure"

Them: "YAY!!!!"

Me: "YAY!!!!"

Then, I run into a guy at the auctions, he has a resale shop.  Told him about this bulk lot and my neighbors and he tells me to sell it to him next time, he would pay me the hundred.

I had a guy drive about 140 miles to buy all of my Hotwheels, Matchbox, and other die-cast cars.  A large lot of about 400 pieces in packages and more out of the packs.  He paid me $453 for the whole lot.

Now I am trying to move the Nascar collection.  I couldn't get him to load it with the other stuff, lol.

It can be hit and miss depending what you are selling.

So far I've not had any luck on CL.  About to try ebay.  Working to group same size jeans and such and sell them as lots on ebay.  Jump price up to 1.50 per pair and it will cover me in shipping / fees.  Couldn't sale them at 1 each at the flea so ready to try something else.

my wife will bundle like size and season clothing and sell it on ebay.

Works ok... Gotta be in the unit right. 4T and smaller always sells quickly for good money as long as it's clean. She will do 4 or 5 outfits per lot. Normally get north of 29.95 with free shipping. we STUFF it (litterally) in to the smallest box we can, and ship the cheapest method possible.

we are clear in the auction that they will likely have to rewash to remove wrinkles from tight packaging. If they want nice, folded ready to ware clothing, we charge 15 bucks shipping.

I sold a load of baseball cards from the late 90's on CL for 100 bucks... first 3 buyers no showed.  honestly, most CL buyers are flakes that rarely show up, and when they do they NEVER have enough money.

xx
Lots of "no shows"

Started by Healthe

9 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 10:01:55 PM
by gravell
xx
I Have A "Craigslist Policeman" On My Butt!

Started by HomeGrownPromos

16 Replies
Last post September 01, 2013, 11:24:24 AM
by Cobia
xx
Why do people "overpost" on Craigslist ?

Started by MovieMan

10 Replies
Last post June 04, 2014, 08:26:47 AM
by Travis
xx
More good storys "Fake Storage Wars loses its luster"

Started by bwd111

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2011, 11:22:25 PM
by monkeybusiness