Storage Auctions

Are CL buyers really nuts or what?

Are CL buyers really nuts or what?
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:49 PM »
I cant count the number of times someone saw a CL ad, and shows up and they get all squirley on me.  One guy had the balls to tell me that I listed an item cheaper than what I was asking.  After correcting him, he had the nerve to try and demand I give it to him cheaper.  I told him 'no, no, no.. we're not playing this game.  The price is what it is' and he got all "YOU SAID..."

I know what I said and that ain't it. F'in nerve of some people.

Rant off.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Are CL buyers really nuts or what?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
Trying to get you on false advertisement... LOL  That is nuts. Takes all kinds... We haven't had much luck with CL lately, not a lot of inventory to sell. But I will keep this on my mind... Well really my husband does the CL stuff. And he is scary so people don't really mess with him. He lays a gun out in sight when they come out... LOL

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
I've done the same, but I dont keep it out where they can see it but instead, I conceal it on my person.

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »
I always meet them somewhere.You get some strange people and I don't want them to know where I live.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 03:56:41 AM »
I always meet them somewhere.You get some strange people and I don't want them to know where I live.
We live so far out by the time they get here they are to scared to try anything, we could catch them before they get out of the neighbourhood. And we have a lot of retired neighbours.. So they are home. Plus we have our storage trailer on the other side of the property so can't really tell where our home is.  ;D
Down side is selling.. Has to be high dollar for someone to come out this far.

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
I always meet people at a neutral spot like a gas station or starbucks.  Not ran into any of the nut jobs yet.  Those get saved for the flea market I guess.

My only CL complaint is the "I'm interested in emails" that then turn into "I don't have the cash right now but have a great job.  You can to at somerandomlink.com"

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »
I had a funny one this Sunday. Listed some speakers cheap $100 for a quick sale. Sold within a few hours. Right after the sale, a guy calls and I tell him they are sold. He proceeds to flip out since he says I told him $150 the day before.  I should have hung up, but I let him finish and mentioned I listed the items only 3 hours prior, & then hung up.

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 08:05:56 PM »
Got another CL nutjob today. Met, he just started talking to me, shooting the breeze. Push convo towards item, money....hint, hint. Brushes me off. Finally I'm done with the nice thing so just just said I had to be somewhere, here's the item.....
I get: "well I don't actually want it. I'm really looking for a few good people to....."

Oh, I lost it. Profanity, yelling,....then I think I scared the living crap outa him cause I suddenly just started laughing my *ss off!   I just couldn't believe someone tries to hit up CL sellers for their pyramid scams!  It just stuck me as hilarious!  I drove off laughing and the guy just standing there with a blank look. 

I'm literally lol-ing as a write this. 

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 09:25:18 PM »
LOL Alias....good thing he didn't go to your house!!!!

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Yeah. Just another example of why not to have people come to your residence!
Public place only for this guy....

I personally like the Home Depot parking lot. Close to freeway, big *ss orange sign,  so people can find. Always busy even late at night. And there is a hot dog cart. :)

Tho for small, expensive items I usually tell them to meet me at such-an-such address that just happens to be a police station.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
The thing that has gotten my goat lately, is the ones who are all gung-ho replying to several emails
and maybe a phone call...then BAM! no communication...What gives?...If you decide you don't want it
please just say so...is it really that freaking hard!

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 06:21:10 AM »
exactly, 

been talking and setting it all up.  I finally go to the place of a meet to sell the item,  They dont show or call.  WTF!!   

if you dont want it, text me or call me to let me know and I ll move on.  No gripes or anything, im an easy going person.  Just dont f*** me around on making me sit in the parking lot for 30 mins like an idiot. 

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
I had a female at least she said she was texting me about an item after I told her call me I am driving!  Was going to meet at a busy store and I was in the company I work for truck.  She was worried about meeting, condition of item, etc.  I tried calling the number, but she would not answer just text.  I have a old Motorola Razor so text is a SLOW PAIN.  Finally sent the message call or forget it she never called. 

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 07:48:52 AM »
I had a female at least she said she was texting me about an item after I told her call me I am driving!  Was going to meet at a busy store and I was in the company I work for truck.  She was worried about meeting, condition of item, etc.  I tried calling the number, but she would not answer just text.  I have a old Motorola Razor so text is a SLOW PAIN.  Finally sent the message call or forget it she never called. 

Quite often I will get text messages about an item for sale on Craigslist. I will give them a little information then give my phone number and tell them to call for more info. Most of the time they never call. Sometimes the same person/number will text back after a week or more and ask the same questions. I don't answer a second time by text. I think there are some people out there who are scared to talk on the phone or just refuse to do it and expect to do all their communication by text. I don't play that game!

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »
I think there are some people out there who are scared to talk on the phone or just refuse to do it and expect to do all their communication by text. I don't play that game!

I'm one of those people that prefer texting or emails rather phone calls. For me it has nothing to do with being "scared to talk on the phone", I prefer the written word so that I have a record of the price and other arrangements. Both parties don't always hear and remember the same things. It also helps to keep things straight if you have multiple items listed and multiple people interested.

xx
CL Sellers are nuts too.....

Started by Alias300

4 Replies
Last post February 04, 2013, 10:39:27 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Hi IM can say im one of the top auction buyers!!!!

Started by ivorydakidd

1 Replies
Last post March 12, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
by Charli
xx
How successful have your “partnerships” with other buyers been?

Started by MovieMan

5 Replies
Last post February 22, 2013, 04:38:31 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Irrational eBay Buyers

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post February 25, 2015, 02:57:08 PM
by Travis