Storage Auctions

Craigslist is ALIVE! Finally picking back up!

Craigslist is ALIVE! Finally picking back up!
« on: November 15, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
Craigslist has been kind of slow for about three months.  Now, I've done over a grand in the last three days!  Is it because the election is finally over or something else?  Guess it doesn't matter much....just happy things are moving again!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Craigslist is ALIVE! Finally picking back up!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
I find Clist goes in fits and starts on a pretty regular basis but don't know that I could pin it to any one thing...maybe time of the month regarding available money, and maybe some seasonal things, but for general merchandise I don't know that anything can be pinned down.  Like you, I'm happy when it hits !

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:18:24 AM »
Craigslist has been kind of slow for about three months.  Now, I've done over a grand in the last three days!  Is it because the election is finally over or something else?  Guess it doesn't matter much....just happy things are moving again!

I don't know either but Craigslist is poppin' for me too! I thought folks would be saving up for all that new Chinese crap from Wal-mart for Christmas, but guess not.

Ebay & Amazon still real slow for me, but i'm sure it's inventory dependent.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 11:13:20 AM »
people are trying to get their homes fixed up for the holidays , furniture rugs paintings etc always move good around now, excercise equipment will move around new years ,

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Clist has picked up of late...meanwhile eBay has slowed down !

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:45 AM »
Clist has picked up of late...meanwhile eBay has slowed down !

My experience has been exactly the same.  I did $1700 on CL last week, selling something every day between Wednesday and Saturday.  Nothing for a couple of days, then yesterday did another $300. 

But, in the same space of time, my ebay has slowed down to a trickle.  I have a number of $400-$600 items up right now, and not a single one of the bigger items has sold.  Did sell some small stuff though, but it takes a lot of $20 sales to equal a $500 one!

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »
My experience has been exactly the same.  I did $1700 on CL last week, selling something every day between Wednesday and Saturday.  Nothing for a couple of days, then yesterday did another $300. 

But, in the same space of time, my ebay has slowed down to a trickle.  I have a number of $400-$600 items up right now, and not a single one of the bigger items has sold.  Did sell some small stuff though, but it takes a lot of $20 sales to equal a $500 one!
It must be the area you are selling in. We haven't sold anything until yesterday for almost a month on CL. Haven't tried the ebay local pick-up yet but have been thinking of giving it a try. Wet weather has really put a damper (no pun intended) on sells!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »
Has been good for us recently. We are a little restricted due to our location. Nobody going to come out for an item less than $50. So limit our post to that.
Selling old inventory.
Sold the copper pots (personal inventory)that I had in whats it worth. Came down on the price a little bit and had 3 interested buyers and sold for asking price $200.
And sold the tiger wood side bar, came down on that price also. But got paid $50 to deliver.

The above list put on CL three times over the last 5 months no bites. sold within the first week of new listing. so who knows, could have been the lower pricing or just the space aligns came down and said buy.  ;D

xx
Are prices finally back??

Started by bwd111

8 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 01:42:00 AM
by harrytsang
xx
Picking. How's it going in your area ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post August 17, 2013, 11:32:11 AM
by Alias300
xx
Picking specialties

Started by mhuynh9

3 Replies
Last post January 10, 2014, 07:01:24 PM
by Travis
xx
Want to be on a reality show about picking?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post August 08, 2013, 03:57:11 PM
by Travis