Storage Auctions

Phone Verification?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Phone Verification?
« on: August 22, 2011, 09:28:18 PM »
Has anyone else came across this problem? I am now getting this on several of my items, I am unable to repost. Not even creating a new ad with the information I cant do. I seem to get a can not verify your number when I try to get my number veriifed. It is really starting to piss me off.

Does anyone know a better free alternative to CL?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Phone Verification?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
jross i think you may be trying to post in casual encounters lol for sale generally doesn't care if you have an account or make you verify.

just kidding i know some sections do like gigs and a i think certain subcategories of the for sale section. for verification it normally just has you put in a phone number and then texts you a new verification code no?

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:59:20 PM »
jross i think you may be trying to post in casual encounters lol for sale generally doesn't care if you have an account or make you verify.

just kidding i know some sections do like gigs and a i think certain subcategories of the for sale section. for verification it normally just has you put in a phone number and then texts you a new verification code no?

THe sub I am having trouble with right now is general merchandise in sales. And yes that is what it is suppose to do. But when I put my number in it tells me it cant verify my number. And I checked it 3 times and tried 3 times, its the right number, my home number.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:15:09 AM »
I had a issue like this once with Craigslist. All I had to do was clear my cookies and browser history, reset my pop-up blocker setting and re-boot the computer and I stopped getting those error verification notices.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
I have to do that stupid phone verification all the time! Lame!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 09:40:08 AM »
I have to do that stupid phone verification all the time! Lame!

Jross are you sure you want posting under m4m? I ki I kid. yeah craigslist never use to make me do the phone verification now it seems like everytime I go to put up a listing they make me verify again

j ross I think the other people are right just clear your cookies. have you used any other phone number for craigslist in the past? I think they may only allow 1 account per number and then you have to wait 6 months to use another number not positive about that but I may have read something about that before

the only other thing I can think of is maybe it's an issue with a house phone. I know they have the voice verify option personally I normally have them send me a text message with a code maybe try a cellphone instead of the house phone and see if that works

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
I use a Google Voice number for Craigslist, but I ran into this problem too.  After some research, I found out that CL won't accept VOIP phone numbers.  They want a physical phone number, and I wound up using my actual cell number and it worked fine.

I don't know what type of phone number you are using, but if it is a VOIP number (like Google Voice), CL won't accept it.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 12:55:13 PM »
Jross are you sure you want posting under m4m? I ki I kid. yeah craigslist never use to make me do the phone verification now it seems like everytime I go to put up a listing they make me verify again

j ross I think the other people are right just clear your cookies. have you used any other phone number for craigslist in the past? I think they may only allow 1 account per number and then you have to wait 6 months to use another number not positive about that but I may have read something about that before

the only other thing I can think of is maybe it's an issue with a house phone. I know they have the voice verify option personally I normally have them send me a text message with a code maybe try a cellphone instead of the house phone and see if that works

Dont have my own cell phone no more, and did not want to use the wifes phone.

I had a issue like this once with Craigslist. All I had to do was clear my cookies and browser history, reset my pop-up blocker setting and re-boot the computer and I stopped getting those error verification notices.

Thanks I will try this.

I use a Google Voice number for Craigslist, but I ran into this problem too.  After some research, I found out that CL won't accept VOIP phone numbers.  They want a physical phone number, and I wound up using my actual cell number and it worked fine.

I don't know what type of phone number you are using, but if it is a VOIP number (like Google Voice), CL won't accept it.

Its my home phone, and I am guessing its VOIP. I have my phone with Time Warner Cable and the phone line hooks into my modem.

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »
Hey jross, try eBay classifieds. This is a free site to post on. Just be ware of the scammers. They r more crafty than Cl. They call u from an interpreter line, or hearing impaired operator service. There are a few more free listing sites out there but I have not had much luck with them. Most of my sales come from craigslist or eBay classifieds.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 12:44:49 AM »
Hey jross, try eBay classifieds. This is a free site to post on. Just be ware of the scammers. They r more crafty than Cl. They call u from an interpreter line, or hearing impaired operator service. There are a few more free listing sites out there but I have not had much luck with them. Most of my sales come from craigslist or eBay classifieds.

Thanks for the tip, I thought ebay classifieds costed money, or I would have already started posting with them.

xx
Has anyone ever bid by phone at a storage auction?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 01:08:01 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Phone Calls at Ungodly Hours

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post September 10, 2013, 02:33:40 PM
by parksleyman
xx
Free Internet On Your Laptop Through Your Phone

Started by rulesforrebels

5 Replies
Last post May 27, 2011, 09:56:38 PM
by Travis
xx
Do you have a smart phone? Do you use it as auctinos to look up prices?

Started by rulesforrebels

15 Replies
Last post May 01, 2011, 07:54:38 PM
by Cobia