Storage Auctions

Texting late at night.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Texting late at night.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 07:27:19 AM »
Why is it that the people who call or text at inappropriate hours always waste your time?

Got a text at 6:00 AM for a $20 fire pit I'm selling. Now normally this wouldn't bother me since I'm an early bird but I was sleeping in this 4th of July morning.

Conversation went like this.

Hi, do you still have the fire pit?

Yes I do, would you like to come pick it up?

Oh, well I need to talk to the wife and I'll let you know.

:o

I should set my alarm for 2:00 AM and call the guy back and say "did you have a chance to speak with your wife?"

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 02:32:42 PM »
Perhaps he didn't expect someone that wanted to sleep in on the 4th to have their phone on. He intent could've been to leave a message for you to get back to him when you woke at a reasonable hour and turned you phone on. I turn my phone off at night and then back on after I'm up and going the next morning.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 07:33:29 AM »
I usually leave my phone on for emergencies. I have 8 family members who live within 3 miles of me including my grandfather who's in his late eighties.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
Get a better phone :)

I've set my iphone to silent after 10, with only people on my quickdial ringing through that, or 3 repeated calls.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »
You put your phone number on CL? That's a bold move!

Personally I think it's smart to put your number on cl. People will email offers and say they want stuff all day through email and not show up, however someone who is going to pick up the phone is a much more serious buyer. You cut out 90% of the bs dealing over phone and not email. Many people completely take away the option of contacting via email and only post a phone number. Also, if you dont want to give out your personal number download one of those free text call apps they give you a fake number you can take or receive calls on or take or rec texts on

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 08:44:36 AM »
Personally I think it's smart to put your number on cl. People will email offers and say they want stuff all day through email and not show up, however someone who is going to pick up the phone is a much more serious buyer. You cut out 90% of the bs dealing over phone and not email. Many people completely take away the option of contacting via email and only post a phone number. Also, if you dont want to give out your personal number download one of those free text call apps they give you a fake number you can take or receive calls on or take or rec texts on

To me, it doesn't matter if the phone number is fake, or temporary, while I have the number my phone is going to ring. I'd rather not be bombarded by telemarketers, prank calls, etc.

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »
I love getting calls and texts late at night, thats when all the freaks come out.

xx
STC ( Senior Texting Code )

Started by Bandit

3 Replies
Last post August 01, 2011, 10:47:08 PM
by Travis
xx
craigslist texting scam?

Started by fredgsanford

4 Replies
Last post February 26, 2012, 04:57:04 PM
by rulesforrebels