Storage Auctions

Another Reason To Use Firefox for eBay

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Another Reason To Use Firefox for eBay
« on: January 29, 2014, 09:13:41 AM »
OK, this is ridiculous....Internet Explorer problems with eBay....

For the last two days (January 29, 2014) IE won't show results of pushing the completed listings button after having done a search for a currently listed item.

We all know that the COMPLETEDS is what is important to us as sellers so we can more accurately price our items.

So...... I switched over to FIREFOX and no problems. Works as it should.

Why in the world a big outfit like Microsoft can't get things working right ... or leave well enough alone when things are working is beyond my understanding.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Another Reason To Use Firefox for eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 09:30:06 AM »
There was a recent Java update. If you do not have it installed then the eBay pages will give you issues.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »
There was a recent Java update. If you do not have it installed then the eBay pages will give you issues.

Thanks, I'll check that. Sometimes I push the "ignore" button when such things pop-up wanting me to download them.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
Downloaded entirely new version of Java and so far doesn't seem to have a positive affect on eBay viewing.

Meanwhile, Firefox delivers.

What about ActiveX filtering...on/off.  Would that have any affect on eBay viewing?

Most of the time I trust the providers of such things (MS, etc) but if I mistakenly turn a feature on/off and it affects things in one place but not another it's hard for me to decide what's going on and correct it.

Edit:  Yes I rebooted after downloading the new Java.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:47:30 AM »
I use Chrome as my main browser, and it works great with ebay and paypal.  When it first came out there were some issues with printing shipping labels, and I would just jump into firefox and take care of them, but that was a few years ago and those issues are long gone. 

I have firefox installed on all my computers too, so if I ever have an issue with Chrome, I can just jump over.  I haven't had to do that for a long time though.  And I haven't used internet explorer for years, I just don't care for it and think Chrome is a lot more user friendly.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »
ie hs to many issues with malware, firefox is so much nicer. 

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
I know we all have a tendency to start using something and we stick to it because we know how to navigate it, how to clear cookies, etc. Honestly people who use IE are like grandparents and parents still using  AOL. It's a slow glitchy browser thats not updated to work with many sites.

I can't print shipping lables with IE, I can't pay my carnote with IE, I could never log onto my schools blackboard with IE. Firefox in my opinion is the best browser around. Chrome isn't bad works with everything I just don't like it for some reason. Everyone should just give up on IE though its garbage.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
I haven't used IE in 5 years. IE is such a drag on the computer. I switched to Firefox and now I'm using Chrome without any issues.

xx
More reason to not trust online auctions...

Started by Leota

9 Replies
Last post April 03, 2013, 04:13:10 PM
by Leota
xx
Does PayPal ever hold your funds for any reason?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 01:10:00 PM
by StorageAuctionFinds
xx
What is the ONE item if seen in a unit that will drive the price beyond reason?

Started by Cobia

8 Replies
Last post August 07, 2014, 11:26:21 PM
by AudreyGreenwood
xx
The real reason Lesa & Jerry left Storage Wars Texas

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 06, 2013, 09:33:30 PM
by Leota