Storage Auctions

Anyone else got a phone call from Ebay recently?

Anyone else got a phone call from Ebay recently?
« on: March 24, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
I have been selling stuff on ebay for over 6 years now, but I received a phone call earlier from ebay telling me they have noticed my account and it would save me money to open a store. I talked to the guy for about 20 min. asking him questions and he told me I could do it at anytime and cancel at anytime. Thought it was interesting, u guys gottin one lately?

Re: Anyone else got a phone call from Ebay recently?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:15:55 PM »
That was probobly a scam call.

Ebay would never call you like that. They would rather flood your inbox with emails about it.

If Ebay was gonna call everyone that has been a member for some time and sold pretty good amount, well then they would have to hire 4000 sales rep's and have them work 24/7 the next 40 years.

I think this was a scam.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if it was legit. Ebay is really pushing the stores and for a while now they have been trying to drive off the small time sellers and entice the power sellers.

Personally I think its stupid as what made ebay popular was being able to find unique items. Now everything is the same 5 products comming from 50 sellers who use the same drop shipping company.

Every time ebay comes out with new fee structures it encouragese you to do a store. I was reading some article and they broke down the stats and most store things don't sell though buy it now seemed to sell as good if not better than auctions.

Ebay is also trying to get rid of auctions which I don't understand.

I read another good blog recently bout a guy who used to be CEO or CFO or something at ebay who started his own auction site as well.

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »
I received the same call a day after I received an e-mail with the same advertising, so I'd say it was a legit call.  They are pushing the store subscription pretty hard it seems and jacking up fees on everyone (final value fee now applied to shipping charge). Ebay just went another notch lower in my book. Sooner or later they will only have the big retailers left which is apparently what they want.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:18:38 PM »
Ebay doesn't seem to have any plan or direction for the company or any idea what people want.

Personally I think people liked ebay because you could find unique items and that your buying from other people and not a company.

If I wanna shop at a store I'll go to HomeDepot.Com, Walmart.Com, etc NOT ebay. Ebay cannot and shouldnt try to compete with real stores and no-one wants this chinese drop shipped crap that dominates ebay these days.

I search for mp3 player trying to find a nice used one and I gotta sort through 152 pages of the same factory pic of some cheap chinese mp3 player.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »
I get them about 3 or 4 times a year. But I have a eBay store. They are helpful

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 10:41:52 AM »
I get them about 3 or 4 times a year. But I have a eBay store. They are helpful

I've used eBay for 7 years but have never gotten a call. I know people who have gotten calls.

I don't have a store and haven't been able to justify it. I seem to do ok without a store. I list enough to get powerseller and trusted seller (or whatever it's called) and that helps a bit I think.  I always use start times in late afternoon Pacific time (so east coast users are still able to bid at 9 or 10 their time) and I use large pictures within my text....I think that helps a lot as it is seen (IMHO) as more professional and certainly gives a better view than even th enlarged shots which eBay makes available.

My main compaint with eBay (as of several years ago) is the lack of being able to give a buyer neg feedback. Just doesn't make sense.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
Got the eBay magazine in the mail today and also an email. Both show that if you are a Top-Rated Seller you will not be paying a fee on the postage amount. In order to be a TRS you have to be a power-seller first (as I understand it). Others may have a different understanding.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 09:11:50 AM »
I received the same phone call from Ebay and it was legitimate.  They sent an email after the phone call. 

I was told that if you don't have at least 100 items in stock at all times that it isn't feasible to have a store.     

xx
Hey Guys Ebay Tip... Call Every 30 Days Get Limit Raised

Started by rulesforrebels

4 Replies
Last post September 28, 2013, 11:29:21 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Ebay Smart Phone App Now Has Sell Feature

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 07:49:23 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Did ebay recently change the "best match" search algorithm?

2 Replies
Last post April 24, 2013, 02:48:46 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Drew, your losing google page ranke as of recently

12 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 10:54:45 PM
by Travis