Storage Auctions

Anyone know anything on buyer001*? Am I screwed?

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone know anything on buyer001*? Am I screwed?
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
Appears to have some sort of hold company or buyer in Cali who then ships to China.  Very nervous about accepting a payment from this buyer.  No payment yet, what to do? 

Since I have never had to do this before, can simply just refuse his payment with refund of cash and go to next highest bidder, or am I screwed into allowing this buyer to purchase the item?

I am already for future notice putting this buyer on my block list, but for know what do I do, what can I do?

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone know anything on buyer001*? Am I screwed?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:18:02 PM »
BTW, to future protect myself, bidder is on block list already.

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:12 PM »
Are you talking about ebay?If so what is his feedback profile.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
Are you talking about ebay?If so what is his feedback profile.

Yeah, he/she is on eBay.  Profile has obvious all positive feedback as a buyer only, but a google search turned up someone who sold this seller a doll then wanted a $ off the item when it got to China.  It's only $40 for me, but I'm not in this business to be fugged with.  I got a full time job to do also.  Guess I need to add new stipulations into my auctions that I will not accept bids from buyers who purchase items to immediately turn around and ship to china.  Guess this may be my learning eBay the hard way experience.

Offline Bandit

• View Profile
    • Storage Battles
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:57:37 PM »
  I would post that question on the  Fee Bay Seller Central Discussion Board
       http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum/Seller-Central/143

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 02:49:36 AM »
Very nervous about accepting a payment from this buyer.  No payment yet, what to do?

Let me get this straight, you're nervous over accepting a payment from a buyer with over 4300 feedbacks that are 100% positive? Shesh, there's just no pleasing some people!
http://myworld.ebay.com/buyer001*

(If the link doesn't work you will have to manually add the * at the end.)

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:18:01 AM »
Let me get this straight, you're nervous over accepting a payment from a buyer with over 4300 feedbacks that are 100% positive? Shesh, there's just no pleasing some people!
http://myworld.ebay.com/buyer001*

(If the link doesn't work you will have to manually add the * at the end.)

Worried because of the reshipping thing, just doesn't sit right with me. Remember that that item may not arrive in China for a month after it sold, well after any seller left a feedback.  Just covering all ends here. No one likes getting scammed and it only takes one time.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »
He seems to leave feedback 3-4 weeks after the purchase. Virtually all of the feedback he leaves is positive except for a few. Those few he mentions about not having received the item or it was damaged. Since you're shipping to a domestic address, you can have tracking and insurance fairly cheap. I've sold to a lot worse than him on eBay without any problems coming up.

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
I wouldn't trust it either just b/c of that magical word that coin collectors hate.....CHINA! However, you're the seller receiving payment. That's all you need to worry about and if they don't pay, you don't ship. Once you receive payment and the check or paypal transaction clears, you're Scott free.

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
I wouldn't trust it either just b/c of that magical word that coin collectors hate.....CHINA! However, you're the seller receiving payment. That's all you need to worry about and if they don't pay, you don't ship. Once you receive payment and the check or paypal transaction clears, you're Scott free.

Never had someone do a paypal refund on you have ya?

you'll learn.

The money is not yours for 6 months after the transaction. That is how long someone has to start a charge back with their credit card. Paypal, unless they changed their rules will not fight a charge back, nor will they force the buyer to return the item. Sure, you can take the money out of your paypal account, but when the charge back happens they lock what ever funds are in there. If you don't bring it positive they send the bill collector and ding your credit. They already have your name, address, SSN, Birthdate.. what more do they need?

I learned this the hard way for mid 5 figures amount.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 03:21:44 PM »
True but I also wouldn't sell anything worth 5 figures on ebay.

Offline acman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
Well, buyer is claiming he didn't receive his item(Shocker, NOT!), and has filed a paypal claim(Lovely little chinese a$$hole).  Word to the wise put this a$$hole on your block list.  Only reason he has a 100% feedback rating is because his seller leave feedback once item is shipped.  Knew this buyer was going to be a problem.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »
Well, buyer is claiming he didn't receive his item(Shocker, NOT!), and has filed a paypal claim

According to the claim center on eBay if you sent it out within the time specified in the ad, and sent it to his registered address (eBay or PayPal), and have a tracking number showing it was delivered, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#sellers1

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 09:33:43 PM »
According to the claim center on eBay if you sent it out within the time specified in the ad, and sent it to his registered address (eBay or PayPal), and have a tracking number showing it was delivered, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

That is not true Ebay is all for the buyer and not the seller. When IMHO it should be the other way around. Ace just state from here on out that you don't ship overseas no matter where they buy from. If they are in the U.S. you can ship to address and they can then send it overseas. The worst problem I have had is with buyers have been overseas. And nothing leaves my post office without a tracking number but that doesn't always help. They can still leave negative feedback no matter what and and we has seller's can't do anything about it we can't even leave a negative. Also on your blocked list go to ship to locations and check all overseas so they can't even bid. Don't even get me started with Ebay.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:22 PM »
That is not true Ebay is all for the buyer and not the seller.

Ace just state from here on out that you don't ship overseas no matter where they buy from.

Wow, did you even read the eBay policy or the first post in this thread before you posted? What I wrote about the eBay policy is their policy, that's what it is, it's not my opinion. Then if you bothered to read the thread you'd know he did ship to a US address and from there the buyer was the one that shipped it out overseas.

xx
Screwed by bad advertisement and myself

Started by mhuynh9

20 Replies
Last post October 15, 2013, 05:10:44 AM
by mhuynh9