Storage Auctions

Brick and Mortar Ebay Services

Brick and Mortar Ebay Services
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:22:05 PM »
Has anybody used a brick and mortar store to sell your smaller items?

I'm thinking about doing this but only for smaller less valuable items that i expect wont sell fairly quickly on CL.

My line of thinking is

Pros
- it would save a lot of time.
-don't have to worry about shipping the item yourself.
-most of the sellers have good ratings leading to faster sales?

Cons
- another % off the top on profit

Does any body have any other thought or perspectives on this method.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Brick and Mortar Ebay Services
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
Well i re read my post and i clearly didn't ask my question correctly.

What i,m getting at is: Does anybody take there items to a physical eBay store for them to sell for you?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:10:53 PM »
A lot of people who live in smaller cities and town may not know what an eBay store is. For those of you who don't know what he's talking about, it's a store (not affiliated with eBay) that posts your items on eBay for you. They usually charge you a percentage of the sale. Stores like this are doing quite well. Sellers are realizing higher selling prices and saving time in the process. 

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »
Before I became comfortable with using Ebay myself, I used an Ebay Store. They are pretty picky about what they will accept. I think the store I was using would only accept items guaranteed to sell by previous history, & items that would sell for more then $20.

All the local Ebay stores have shut down near me in the last several years. There is one in a city 25 miles away. I talked to the owner and he said he only takes items he thinks will make at least $50!  :-\

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »
the rents and fees have killed many of the ebay stores around here , you can expect to pay almost 50% in fees for their services and they dont always do a better job of selling it .

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
Before I became comfortable with using Ebay myself, I used an Ebay Store. They are pretty picky about what they will accept. I think the store I was using would only accept items guaranteed to sell by previous history, & items that would sell for more then $20.

All the local Ebay stores have shut down near me in the last several years. There is one in a city 25 miles away. I talked to the owner and he said he only takes items he thinks will make at least $50!  :-\

#1 on the $50 and if you do something with a reserve they want their fees paid up front here

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
those services from what i gather looking at a few normally charge about 50% of the item on top of the 13% ebay and paypal is already charging you. i can maybe see dumping a bunch fo junk on them that you would otherwise throw out and hoping to get something off of it but i doubt the stores would take stuff like that. seems ike the stores like to take the stuff that's quick and easy to flip which if thats the case you may as well sell it yourself and keep all the profit.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
Thanks for all the responses and view points. The place i am looking at using charges 30%. I am really more concerned with not having a bunch of stuff take over my house (Wife's Rule). I think ill give it a try for a bit and see how it goes.

xx
Do you have a brick and mortar store?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post March 08, 2013, 03:02:40 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Using Craigslist services section for labor

Started by HomeGrownPromos

15 Replies
Last post September 18, 2013, 01:25:19 PM
by alloro