Storage Auctions

eBay Seller Assistant

eBay Seller Assistant
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
If you start buying a fair amount of storage units, you will not have the time to list everything yourself.  I use multiple eBay selling assistants to sell my eBay items.  When you start buying units consistently, a lot of your time is taken just digging through the stuff and sorting it out.  You will quickly discover that you do not have time to buy and clean out all your units, take the pictures, list the stuff on eBay, answer all the questions, deal with sending invoices and making sure you get paid, and then shipping the items.  I have worked out a deal with my sellers to do all of this for me for a flat 35% of the gross sale, not including shipping.  They are happy because they have a lot of basically FREE inventory to sell, and I'm happy because I just take over boxes of junk.......ummm, I mean "Treasures", and money is consistently getting deposited in my Paypal account.  Sure, I'm basically losing one third of my money, but with the volume I'm doing, and no headaches on my end babysitting ads and dealing with unreasonable purchasers, it's well worth it to me.  Trust me, if you are going to buy storage units in any volume at all, you do not have the time to chase every single nickel!

Offline foulup

• YEAAAAAAAA!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: eBay Seller Assistant
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
great bit of insight here from an experienced seller, thanks for sharing that.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
Yea it definitely gets time consuming listing and shipping things on ebay

Offline terry

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
how do find seller assistant?

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:38:48 PM »
Log on to eBay and scroll down to the bottom and click on "learn to sell", then when that opens up, type in "trading assistant" into the help search bar and it will give you options for becoming a trading assistant or finding one, including being able to search a directory to find one near you.  I have also found them by posting ads on craigslist.  Make sure to check out their feedback and try to negotiate fees if you are going to take them large quantities of stuff to sell.

Offline terry

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:06:29 AM »
thank you.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »
Another thing that works even better then Ebay and the seller assitent thing.

Go to thrift stores that do consignment sales, they have a storefront, they have the staff and th customers.
Their fees are normally 25% so it is a better deal for you as the primary seller.

Open up your own free website with online sales, and setting up an Google merchant account will also be helping you alot.

Then you have tons of free classifides that you can use, craigslist,kijiji,OLX  and etc.

What you should focus on is the sales, even when you buy alot of storage lockers.
Get help with the sorting and the heavy work, and the time eating work. This is where you should have helpers.
That way you can focus on selling and creating a solid turnover and profit.

Lets look at a scenario.
Lets say you sell for $100 000  a year, and out of these 100 000 you give away 35% to seller assitents = $35 000. (is it worth it?)
Is it worth it to give away $35 000 on the easy job? i mean selling the stuff is the easy part of storage auctions.

Instead of giving away $35 000 why not hire someone for a whole year to do all the dirty work of emptying and cleaning out the units you buy?? and at the same time you will have someone to help you sort thru the stuff.

What you have done then is buying your self time to SELL and make money. And create aprofit for your self and your company.

Another thing is, if you are willin to give away $35 000 on your sales, why not hire someone in your family or among your friends to do all the posting on ebay in-house?? That way you help your self, but you also help friends or family members that might need an income.
For you it is a win win case.

Start creating your empire today, don't give it away!

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
Good advice Anderson!

xx
How do you become an eBay power seller?

Started by Travis

12 Replies
Last post January 08, 2013, 03:50:24 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Check out this eBay seller's Profile

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post January 13, 2014, 10:17:52 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Have they made it easier to be a power seller and top rated seller?

Started by rulesforrebels

9 Replies
Last post May 26, 2012, 03:24:05 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Buyer/Seller Information

Started by Phil H

12 Replies
Last post December 25, 2011, 06:43:48 AM
by Golgo13