Storage Auctions

Ebay zero feedback buyers that don't pay and are NOT new accounts

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
I've had my fair share of non payers on Ebay. Usually they are brand new accounts but lately I've had a few that are many years old and still have zero feedback and don't pay. I don't get it. What's their angle. There has to be a reason for it other than annoying me. I just sold a $600.00 item (yay!!) and just looked and there it is, zero feedback, account open since 2009. I'm jumping the gun a bit because it just sold today but I have that sinking feeling. Now if I'm right and they don't pay I'm stuck waiting a week then opening a case then waiting another week to resolve it so I can relist the item. It occured to me that the plan is to get my item off the market so someone will buy his item but I checked and there is not another item like mine listed. Any other ideas?

Hopefully he will pay and I'm in the clear but it has happened a few times so I was just wondering.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Ebay zero feedback buyers that don't pay and are NOT new accounts
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:51 AM »
If it was a 'Buy It Now listing' you should always checkmark the immediate payment required box. An old account can have zero feedback for a couple of reasons, such as, feedback is only listed for a year. So if they did not buy anything in the past year then they would have zero feedback. Another possibility is that they did buy within the past year but whomever they bought from did not leave feedback for your buyer. Like you, I've had buyers that bought and then didn't seem to want to pay. A few have told me they buy the item because they don't want to lose out on the deal, but they won't have the money to pay until their next payday. In these cases the buyer seems to pay on Friday or Saturday after their paycheck has cleared.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
It occured to me that the plan is to get my item off the market so someone will buy his item but I checked and there is not another item like mine listed. Any other ideas?

Maybe it's someone who wants to buy the item but has to wait another week or two to afford it.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:31:53 PM »
Maybe it's someone who wants to buy the item but has to wait another week or two to afford it.

Is there an echo in here?

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10:52 AM »
lately i been getting a lot of buyers who leave me sitting and then after multiple attempts to contact themthey say something like i will pay next friday when i get paid. i hate this if someone doesnt have money wait to buy or at the very least contact me first and ask if its okay if you wait two weeks to pay. not much we as wellers can do about it. if thye dont pay they get an unpaid item strike however thye are allowed three per month and there's really not much effect to getting them.

i think alot of people bid on stuf and then decide they dont want it or find a cheaper price. now all my items are buy it now immediate payment required

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 10:35:19 AM »
Just a follow up. I did get  paid for my $600 item and all is well. I have a few more items sitting unpaid now. Two have contacted me with reasons why they haven't paid with promises to "transfer money to their paypal account so they can pay on Monday". Well, it's Tuesday......grrrrr. They're both pretty small purchases so not really worried about it. I do have one item that I have listed about 5 times with no interest and finally sold it and then....nothing. Nine days ago! The person does have over 100 feedbacks and just won't respond to me. Seriously? I'm never going to sell that thing. It's a vase. If it doesn't sell this time I'm gonna use it for target practice.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »
I dont understand the logic behind why someone woudl want to bid and not buy but I'm a member of some internet marketer and ecommerc forums and I do know that people setup many ebay accounts and let them sit dormant for years and then sell them. I guess they sell them to people who have had their ebay accounts closed or suspended. There seems to be some bonuses to having an established account over a new one. Again i dont get how its beneficial to have an old account with no feedback or why someone would buy and not pay but thought that would be interesting to mention

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 11:19:56 AM »
Just a follow up. I did get  paid for my $600 item and all is well. I have a few more items sitting unpaid now. Two have contacted me with reasons why they haven't paid with promises to "transfer money to their paypal account so they can pay on Monday". Well, it's Tuesday......grrrrr. They're both pretty small purchases so not really worried about it. I do have one item that I have listed about 5 times with no interest and finally sold it and then....nothing. Nine days ago! The person does have over 100 feedbacks and just won't respond to me. Seriously? I'm never going to sell that thing. It's a vase. If it doesn't sell this time I'm gonna use it for target practice.

One of the items finally got paid for on Wednesday. Yay. The other guy emailed me to say he doesn't have any money, sorry! Nice. As for the vase still no response...gonna have to shoot it!

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
they may as well just do away with sellers leaving feedback for buyers because we can only leave positive feedback so its nothing or positive, whats the point of that. then someone leaves an items they bought sitting unpaid for two weeks after several contacts telling you "im gonna pay get paid on friday the 15th and then they want good feedback tooo

xx
Why don't buyers leave feedback?!

Started by Alias300

16 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 03:20:41 PM
by bwd111
xx
Do you solicit feedback on eBay?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 07:44:51 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Do eBay buyers ever ask you to sell outside of eBay?

Started by Travis

20 Replies
Last post January 11, 2014, 03:35:41 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Take a look at the eBay feedback for this former forum member

Started by MovieMan

12 Replies
Last post December 28, 2013, 04:23:33 PM
by calcoastgal