Storage Auctions

Local Pick up?

Local Pick up?
« on: January 04, 2013, 12:02:04 AM »
I am new to selling on Ebay and I can't seem to figure out how to set an item for local pick up only.  I have a large band saw that I would like to list, and there is no way I'm going to ship it.  Everything I have read says I should be able to select local pick up in the shipping drop down, but I don't have that option.  Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Local Pick up?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:22:07 AM »
Ebay has a short form and an extended form. At the top of the page select "switch to form with more choices" then scroll down to "give buyers shipping details." Under local pickup, check the box that says "buyers can pick up the item from you."

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:10 AM »
I can't seem to figure out how to set an item for local pick up only.

Why ask here? I would think you could've called eBay and had your answer right away.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:55:02 AM »
A 30 second forum post is much more convenient than a ten minute phone call.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:12 AM »
Why ask here? I would think you could've called.......

Hey, be nice.  I don't see you getting on Travis for starting topics he already knows the answer to..... 

I get your point tho.    I get annoyed in forums (not jut here) when some one asks a question and I can google an answer in less time than it took them to post.   But then stp back and remember not everyone is an Internet search god.....or as good looking......as myself and I alway have time to help the peasants......    :)

However, even tho I knew the answer, I understand why the question was asked.   I get so sick of having to look up how to do something on some of these sites.   Even CL, which I use daily, ill see something and wnt to do it and takes a week to find out how.....even tho the solution is right in front of me.

Did that make sense at all?   Pulled my shoulder at he gym so took a Vicodin.   My thoughts are not coming out well......

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »
I get your point tho.    I get annoyed in forums (not jut here) when some one asks a question and I can google an answer in less time than it took them to post.

Well, in his defense, he must not have known the difference between simple and extended forms and he did make an effort to research this before he asked the question on the forum as indicated by him saying:

" Everything I have read says I should be able to select local pick up in the shipping drop down, but I don't have that option."

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:18:59 AM »
In all my years selling on Ebay, I've only once had someone do a local pickup, even thou it's on all my actions. And it was for a Word 97 CD no less. The guy sat in his car in front of the house installing it on his laptop before he left. Guess he was verifying I sold him a good copy/key code.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
ONLY TAKE CASH!!!! if you accept paypal all the buyer has to say is they never received the item and they will keep your saw and your money. ebay/paypal will ask you for a tracking number and you wont be able to provide one.

http://rulesforrebels.blogspot.com/2011/01/dont-get-burned-by-ebays-flawed-policy.html

xx
Great little pick

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post January 24, 2013, 01:57:30 AM
by tiger6667
xx
Pick'n eBay?

Started by Alias300

6 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 11:31:02 AM
by rulesforrebels