Storage Auctions

Selling Limits..

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
Selling Limits..
« on: March 11, 2014, 09:47:10 PM »
I just got this message from ebay, I guess I been banking a little too much on ebay. Now I can only sell 1.2 million or 12,000 transactions a year worth of merchandise. That sucks, because I have a lot to sell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This message is to notify you that in order to assist you in building a strong foundation for future transactions on eBay, we have placed a selling limit for your listing activity. These limits are not in place as a consequence, rather as a preventative measure to help our seller's keep from becoming overwhelmed with large increases in account activity. 

Many members already have limits placed on their account. Account limits allow us to learn about your selling activity and make sure you're adhering to our selling practices policy and performance standards. Limits vary by seller and can change over time.

During this time, we want to confirm you are continuing your positive history by ensuring you are keeping focused on creating great transactions for your customers. Doing so will greatly increase the chances of an ongoing successful eBay business and help to avoid any future account issues that may arise. These limits will allow you to continue selling while also allowing us to monitor your incoming Feedback, Detailed Seller Ratings, and any customer complaints. Please understand that the actions we have taken do not mean your account performance is not good, but we do this to help all eBay sellers further improve their selling history and account performance.

Because you are doing well at selling at these volumes, you should not hit your selling limit unless you dramatically increase your sales. However, if you do wish to grow your business, we will gradually increase your limit as you show that you are able to successfully handle the higher sales volume. The selling limit on your account is based on the number and dollar amount of open (active) items and successfully sold items per calendar month.

You can now sell up to 1,000 items monthly or up to $100,000.00 monthly.  (Keep in mind that this includes multiple quantity listings which can greatly influence this number.)

If you do reach one of these amounts during the course of a month you will be unable to list additional items or increase the price or quantity of your active items until some of your items end without a winning bidder or until the 1st of the next calendar month, (If you are still exceeding the selling limit at the first of the next calendar month your selling activity will continue to be blocked.)

We believe that your limit is flexible enough to allow you to sell any current items and is in accordance with the volume you may have listed in the past. If you do reach the selling limit on your account and want to increase your sales, please work within the amount for at least 30 days. Once that time frame has expired on April 11, 2014, please reply to this message and we will conduct a review to see if adjustments are appropriate.

We hope that you will use this selling limit to your advantage and focus on succeeding with your current sales. We value you as a seller and hope to work with you in order to continue to establish a strong selling history and successful business relationship. It is in our best interest to help our sellers succeed so that we can have a positive trading environment and eliminate bad buying experiences on the site.

Re: Selling Limits..
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:46:40 AM »
I have never hit limits on my personal account, but one I set up for business we were having to constantly call and get the limits raised.  It was never a problem, they would go in and look at it and bump it any time I ever asked. 

But don't be greedy and try to keep it under a couple million a year huh?   ;)

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:21:12 PM »
Have you ever come close to selling worth of 100K a month? If not then you have nothing to worry about. If so make sure you use every penny of that 100K and the next month you can call up and get a 35% increase so next month you have 135K worth of merch, next month more.

I've done over 200K a month on ebay consistantly and would caution you if you are approaching anywhere near that slow your role. They will start holding a quarter of your sales for 90 days on top of taking at least 10 grand from you. your better off slowing your role and selling a bit less than getting holds and reserves put on your account.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 08:27:46 PM »

I've done over 200K a month on ebay consistantly ...

What is a typical NET for you on a 200K month?  I know it will vary, but humor me (us) and let us know what your net might have been in one of those months.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »
My rolling reserve is finally being lifted in a few days. PayPal has had my money for 6 months.   :-[

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 09:53:53 PM »
following

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
What is a typical NET for you on a 200K month?  I know it will vary, but humor me (us) and let us know what your net might have been in one of those months.

It really depends, some months it's fewer transactions but larger stuff, other months its tons of transactiosn with better margins but smaller dollar items people are buying. I would say if I do 200K to 250K I'll net anywhere from 15k to 18k though could be almost 20k on a good month.

My business has realy slowed down quite a bit as I've been forced to raise prices by about 20% to cover my reserves. I get a lot of stupid buyers who buy stuff and then say they accidentally ordered so I have to refund. Well did too many refunds lately and get Paypal calling me I'm at risk of having my account closed but at the very least they want another 10K and want another 5% on top of our current reserve.

I really don't mind, we probably making a bit less but we also doing about a 1/4 of the work we used to do. I'm up for a review shortly, hopefully these recent events don't make them keep the reserve on me. If the reserve gets lifted I'll probably lower prices a bit to be more competitive but raising prices though I was forced into it wasn't a bad idea, make better margins and do a bit less work. If I dropped prices to where I was priort o the reserve I'd be making almost the same money but doing 10x the work.

Posted a screenshot below, as you can see my business has slowed a bit my holds are normaly right up near 100k if not a bit over.

Offline luke

• View Profile
    • Online Email Extractor
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03:46 AM »
I'm going to hit my limit this month, just got the notice..

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »
regardless of whether your going to use it or not call up every month and you can get a 30% increase as long as your account is in good standing

xx
Signature Limits Raised

Started by rulesforrebels

0 Replies
Last post November 10, 2014, 03:45:22 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Account Sell Limits

Started by alloro

31 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
by rulesforrebels