Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Some people are never happy....
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:20:40 PM »
Had an ebay story to share, nothing groundbeaking but had one of those customers that makes some of us hate ebay at times.

Had a customer buy two products from me on a Friday evening. I happenned to pack up all my orders right away on Friday night. In the middle of the night he sends a bunch of messages first he's confused with what did he order, then he says he wanted a quantity of 1 but not two, then in another message he says he did order correctly, then sends a message saying he's within the 24 hours you have to cancel so he wants to change order.

Well first off I don't believe there is a 24 hour rule to cancel but I hadn't shipped items yet so I give him a call in the morning. He askes me to swap out one item for another item. At first I tell him I'll refund one item and please either rebuy or I'll invoice him through paypal to keep inventory straight and everything on record with ebay correct. He seems stupid doesn't understand I finally say fine and agree just to swap one item for another but not change anything on paper. Well after getting off the phone I realize his order had already shipped I pulled the wrong one.

Yes I did make a mistake but it was basically because of confusion caused by him making a mistake when ordering or more likely changing his mind after ordering.

I email him, very apologetic, admit I made a mistake, apologize, give him several options to remedy the situation offered to pay for shipping back and send out other product overnight for free, also offer if he wants to keep what he ordered and order another I'll give it to him at cost. basically offer him like 3 or 4 options in which I'm paying for everything and/or giving him another product at cost. He continues to email me "i dont understand how you pulled the wrong order" , "i doubt you have another customer named brian" , "i dont get how this can happen" , "im sick of excuses on ebay, I'll take this as a lesson learned"

I'm trying to bend over backwards to accomdoate him and all he wants to do is continue harping on a mistake that yes I did make, however because of him changing his mind after ordering. he's out nothing aside from maybe getting one product a day or two later.

Like I said not exatly a horror story and nothing groundbreaking but another example of someone who is just never going to be happy no matter what. Awaiting bad feedback but hoping he's too lazy to leave it.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Some people are never happy....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:22:56 AM »
Naturally I'm sure he'll give you negative feedback for all of your efforts to please him.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »
hey just thought I would update you guys get this. so despite me offering to pay shipping, give him some bonus items, etc, etc, etc all this guy wanted to do was wine about how terrible ebay and ebay sellers are he learned his lesson never buy from me or on ebay again. he sends me a message the other day hey remember me, you told me you'd take care of me on my next order i wanna buy and he wants to place an order with me now for like $1500. i guess some people are just crazy.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:10:52 PM »
i guess some people are just crazy.

You talking about him or you? :)

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »
fast forward several weeks this idiot ebay messages me asking to buy more product lol

xx
Now i am happy!

Started by Mr Andersen

2 Replies
Last post January 27, 2011, 08:38:18 PM
by Drew
xx
Happy Thanksgiving

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post November 27, 2014, 03:28:26 PM
by Travis