Storage Auctions

Another rainout for the best flea in my area

Another rainout for the best flea in my area
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
Yes it happened again rain on a Sat. in Albany, GA area :-[  First Sat. this month was a heavy rain all over south GA so I tried a new indoor market with no sales, yes did not sell ANYTING!  My buddy was headed to Albany this morning and rain hit him about 15 mi. before arriving.  Since we set up and sell mostly out of our trailers under the trees he headed back.  No rain in Tifton, GA so we ended up at the local flea market.  I sold about $69 and him about $90 after table rent.  We were under a shelter so when it did rain no problems.  The bad thing about today is in Albany we usally sell about $200 to $400 each.  Same work unloading and loading back up is easier since not near as much to load.  Could have been worse like the first of the month.  I will be going next Sat, but he has to work. 

Re: Another rainout for the best flea in my area
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
I didn't sell last Saturday cause of rain.  Same thing for today.  With 50% chance of rain and it raining night before and when I got up just not worth it.  Did sell last Sunday and did well.  Going to skip this sunday to get work done around house.  I went out about 9:30 to the flea to do some picking.  Many people were not even setup at that time nor had many of the vendors opened.  Don't know if people headed out of town for spring break or what.  Was too late to pick some of the items I was looking for.  Did pick up a silver canadian quarter for a buck (worth $5 in melt), and some new craftsman work lights ($30) for my back shed.

I just hope it don't rain on May 5th.  Paid $45 for a table at the army fort.  Money goes for a good cause why paid that much money for a 10x10.  Would like to make some money back however. 

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 12:55:39 PM »
 Up at 6am, got all ready and friend decided it was to dreary out to hit the swap we had planned on. It wasn't  even raining! Hate being dependent on others for rides!
But now it's pouring! So I guess he called it right.

Was really looking forward to some pick'n. Plus we cut thru the reservation and planned on picking up some supplies .....and hit'n the $1.99 biscuits&gravy w/eggs special at the cigar lounge! :P

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
Well Hot-lanta is tough in the summer, but we have just a little more heat and lot more gnats in South GA.  I will be retiring from my full time job in June, so my hobby will have more flexable hours.  Want to do flea only one Sat. per month for what works best there.  Then my booth at Southern pickers, CL or Ebay just according to where it will sell best.  Weather is looking good for this Sat. and my son may be able to help too.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:14 PM »
Try to live in central FL. hot no breezes, and bugs galore.  LOL

Hoping for no rain on Sat. also, have not decided where we are going but defiantly going somewhere. Not to the Flea just yard sale stuff.

Taking all our baskets and remainder of the baby rabbits, day before Easter should be good. And all of our yard sale stuff.

June is sneaking up on you.  ;)

Good luck this weekend.

xx
Do you have indoor flea markets in your area?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 01:13:49 PM
by fredgsanford
xx
anyone know a good flea market in the Marietta Georgia area ?

Started by jwaccardi

4 Replies
Last post August 08, 2013, 10:22:37 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Hi from ATL area

Started by The Young Gun

3 Replies
Last post January 06, 2011, 06:24:03 AM
by Ironman
xx
How much is gas in your area?