Storage Auctions

Flea Market Revenue ?

Re: Flea Market Revenue ?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 07:31:35 PM »
My thoughts on the gloves are that people know they will only need them a couple times a year and would rather buy cheap at the flea then pay full retail.

Working at a department store last winter in central TX, most of the cold-weather clothes were bought by people traveling north for the holidays or for business. Very little need for it down here.

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 05:54:48 PM »
Well today was my best day yet at the flea.  After expenses I made $117.75.  Still no furniture selling.  Think I'll just put it up for the winter and try in Late Feb / March when I've been told people buy furniture.  If the weather is nice I'll prob do another stab next Saturday.

One thing I think I'll change is make more "rummage boxes".  I have a $.25 small tote that people seem to like searching.  Same for the box of hot wheels and other cars I have for $.50.  So think I'll get a few totes or boxes and do $.25, $.50, and $1 items for people to look in.  Will make loading/unloading a little bit easier.

Sold mostly odds and ends today.  One stuff animal, and one book sold today.  So I'm going to say screw it and donate all the books to Goodwill.  Already donated most of the stuff animals so I'm still tossing the idea around to donate the care bears, and disney stuff animals or not.

Did get rid of more xmas and GA bulldog stuff.  Helped that GA was playing LSU today at 4.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
Glad you did good this weekend.
On the books I sold about 20 and I priced them at 10 for a $1.00.

I have also learned that totes for the kids clothes worked well for us this weekend. Will get designated totes for the sizes.

We sold 3 Beanie babies. for $1.00 each. Lucky to get that... LOL

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 08:04:30 AM »
I sold one xmas book for $.50.  At 10 for a buck I'd just give them to Goodwill and write them off as $1 a book.  Beanie babies I've given a few away to kids after the parents spent 10-20 bucks with me.  Trying to build some goodwill so they look for me every week.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
I sold one xmas book for $.50.  At 10 for a buck I'd just give them to Goodwill and write them off as $1 a book.  Beanie babies I've given a few away to kids after the parents spent 10-20 bucks with me.  Trying to build some goodwill so they look for me every week.

I used our glass block to hold up the books and sold all the glass block I had. So used more of a selling tool.
We had quite a few people say oh just keep the difference which was .50.
We are comparing apple and oranges mine was a yard sale. We are not limited on table space. Helped fill them up. We had a box of misc. toys basically for free. Building the goodwill. Had quite a few return customers.  :D

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
I had a spot at 1st Monday Canton Tx I paid $450 a month for and was there only 3 days a month.  I sold 100% new merchandise.  My 1st month there I made $1500 and almost sold out. My 2nd month did $1500 the 1st day and $4000 total, these are gross figures.

At the local flea market i sold at the spaces were $7 each and I would get 3.  I wouldn't sell anything for less than $1 and most times I left no longer than 5 hours after getting there with $400 to $700 in my pocket.  Almost every weekend my pickup and 6x12 trailer was full when I arrived and only a few boxes when I left.

xx
Local antique market sponsered a free parking lot flea market

Started by Ironman

3 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 07:34:17 AM
by Ironman
xx
Flea market prices

Started by Todd Hamilton

15 Replies
Last post January 23, 2012, 03:25:34 PM
by money4nothing
xx
Flea Market Flip !

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2013, 06:15:08 PM
by MTP
xx
Selling at flea market is sometimes odd.

Started by jme9626

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2015, 07:16:28 PM
by jme9626