Flea Markets
eBay
Craigslist

Other outlets are:

garage/yard sales
consignment shops
other online outlets

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Where do I sell the goods I get?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
I personally use Craigslist instead of Ebay to sell almost all of of my items because you are dealing locally and people can come and pick the items up, plus, its a great free resource. Some items that are rare, expensive or unusual might do better on Ebay because it has more specific categories & better exposure. There are also a variety of other classified ad and auction websites you can sell through.

You should have no problem getting rid of the nicer merchandise but what do you do with all of the smaller, less valuable items? Owning a thrift store is the way to go if you are trying to maximize your profit from buying storage units at auction. 1. You can ask higher prices for each item in a retail environment. 2. Over time & at the right price, every item will eventually sell.

When I was at my peak, buying 7-10 storage units per week, I had so much merchandise that I had sell it quickly. My employees and I would fill up two 26′ U-Haul trucks per week and then have a gigantic garage sale in a car lot that I rented on Saturdays. I got great exposure being on a major road and we had about 800-1000 people stopping by every Saturday. With this many people picking through your merchandise, you will move a lot of items that you otherwise couldn’t sell. One mans trash is another's treasure and you would be amazed at the things other people are willing to buy.

xx
Storage Treasures offers a way to sell your goods

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 20, 2014, 09:04:14 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Can't get rid of the goods...help!

Started by Bird

17 Replies
Last post June 16, 2012, 08:23:42 AM
by money4nothing
xx
Canned Goods

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post September 26, 2014, 12:09:14 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Do you think goods sold online should be taxed?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post June 29, 2014, 03:34:17 PM
by rulesforrebels