Storage Auctions

Does Anyone Do Garage Sales On Sunday?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Does Anyone Do Garage Sales On Sunday?
« on: November 27, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
I have had a few Sunday garage sales and they actually did just as well as my Saturday sales. Perhaps it's because there is less competition on Sunday. Anyone else ever had their garage sales on Sunday?

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
Re: Does Anyone Do Garage Sales On Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
Oh yes! Fridays do well for us as well. I was kind of surprised fridays can be so good.

One thing we learned about Fridays Garage sales is: A lot of buyers are re-sellers and they would buy lots of stuff from us cheap and take it out to Trader's Village on Saturdays. Worked for us since we got what we wanted for the items and hopefully worked for them too.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »
I haven't had a garage sale on a Sunday, however, I've seen them done and from what I can tell they are quite successful. You have a higher chance of getting people who don't work on Sunday and you might even get the church crowds as well.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
When we moved from FL to NC, we did 3 weeks of garage sales on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday typically did just as well as Saturday.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
Being in a farm community Sunday is always a better day than any other. My dad and aunts hired an estate sale planner to sell my grandmothers stuff a couple of years ago. She only planned on having the sale Friday and Saturday. My sister and I decided to continue it through Sunday. We made more on Sunday than she made on Friday and Saturday combined and we got rid of that much more stuff that we didn't have to haul away ourselves.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:18:07 AM »
The only time we did a Sunday garage sale it was the second day of a Saturday and Sunday garage sale and it sucked big time. Definitely wouldn't do that again. Obviously the regular buyers had been there already on Saturday and didn't bother to come again.  I have never tried having one on a Friday or just Sunday. I like to go to garage sales on Sunday but only if it is a Sunday only sale, not the second day of a two day sale. 

xx
Garage sales cloaked as estate sales

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post March 24, 2014, 10:21:09 PM
by moderntexaspicking
xx
Garage Sales seems to be the best

Started by jme9626

3 Replies
Last post December 06, 2013, 10:11:03 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Nobody has garage sales on Wednesdays...........

Started by nkrause77

8 Replies
Last post November 03, 2012, 07:40:44 PM
by KrauseHouse
xx
Picking at garage sales

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 11:41:52 AM
by rulesforrebels