Storage Auctions

My neighborhood sucks

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
My neighborhood sucks
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:24:15 PM »
Grrrrrr. The first two weekends I had plenty of traffic, making a few hundred a day. But lately, I am not getting any traffic, maybe 2 or 3 people. Been like this for the past 3 weeks now. I done more advertising this time around, signs everywhere in my neighborhood on busy intersections, stores, online classifieds (several different ones). It seems I have even less people for all that work. Had 3 people come by and look, no one has bought a single thing.

I need more traffic, so I guess, next weekend I am setting up at a local rummage sale. After that I am going to take a plunge into the Flea Markets. At least I will be getting more traffic. More traffic means more lookers, more buyers, more cash. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it seems as if I am venting.  ???

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: My neighborhood sucks
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:07:13 PM »
That sucks man, I hate doing garage sales too much sitting around waiting

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »
jross your neighborhood is pretty cool if they are letting you have garage sales every weekend. Most in my area limit you to one per year.

I remember in a glendon video he said his neighborhood banned him from having anymore lol.

Drew, the secret garage sales not suckign is tell a buddy he can sell stuff it he brings it by. Pick up a case of Coors, set out some beanbag toss games and a tv in the garage. Watch a game, play some bags and hang out drinking beers with a buddy.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
jross your neighborhood is pretty cool if they are letting you have garage sales every weekend. Most in my area limit you to one per year.

That is true, but when you live pretty much in the hood (cant wait to move out of here, lol) and everyone around you wants an item you marked down to $20, brand new being $350, resell value is like $80, and they still want you to come down on price, that really sucks. And the most sucky thing is most people stay away from my area. I know around the corner they limit you on how many yard sales you can have in a year. But they dont enforce it here.

Drew, the secret garage sales not suckign is tell a buddy he can sell stuff it he brings it by. Pick up a case of Coors, set out some beanbag toss games and a tv in the garage. Watch a game, play some bags and hang out drinking beers with a buddy.

I agree

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »
Yea I usually just sit in the garage on the Internet the whole time

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
Maybe the difference from one week to the next has to do with just that....it's a different time of the month.
Paydays ?  Events going on in the area?  Number of yard sales going on? 

The flea market experiences the same kind of thing based on the above and who knows what other factors.

There may be a minimum amount you might earn each time and maybe you were spoiled by a couple of good weeks in the beginning.

One variable that always changes is THE GOODS you have. That can sure make a difference in revenue.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »
Maybe the difference from one week to the next has to do with just that....it's a different time of the month.
Paydays ?  Events going on in the area?  Number of yard sales going on? 

The flea market experiences the same kind of thing based on the above and who knows what other factors.

There may be a minimum amount you might earn each time and maybe you were spoiled by a couple of good weeks in the beginning.

One variable that always changes is THE GOODS you have. That can sure make a difference in revenue.

Goods would be out of this equation, as well as price. And maybe I was spoiled for the first two weeks. I had loads of traffic, which equaled to loads of things being bought. However I can not expect to sell much if my traffic dies down to 3 - 4 people and no one else. Two of which only come by to see what costume jewerly I have, they are the ones that buy that up all the time :). Other two were pretty much looky loos. And that is what it has been for the past 3 weeks now. I only do them on Saturday.

But hopefully The Flea will do good for me. I am going up to that Flea Market tomorrow and check things out and talk with a few vendors. If anything I might find vendors to sell my merchandise to.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 06:09:23 PM »
Consider renting a commercial piece of land on a busy street. Just look for vacant property that can be easily seen by traffic and that has adequate parking. Most land owners are more than happy to make an extra hundred buck a weekend considering that the land is just sitting there and that they have to pay taxes on it.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
It may also have to do with those who go to yard sales usually won't go to the same yard sale week after week.  Also what someone else said is true, about the time of the month.  Around here the first Saturday of the month is always the best.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 12:25:03 AM »
Well I have not doen any yard sales in awhile, mostly because I am discouraged about it all. However, CL is not doing so well, to many low priced items, the good ones flew off the shelf. Been thinking about doing another yard sale for the last 2 weeks, but just been lazy about it. Probable next weekend, wont do it over 4th of july weekend. Going out of town to the coast for some much needed fun n the sun.

xx
This really sucks!

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post September 28, 2013, 10:26:56 PM
by alloro
xx
Anyone live in a crappy neighborhood? Do you have garage sales?

Started by rulesforrebels

6 Replies
Last post September 04, 2011, 08:42:40 PM
by BigBizzz
xx
List-Sell, get $20 Promotion: Sucks.

Started by Alias300

2 Replies
Last post July 24, 2014, 12:04:47 PM
by Alias300