Storage Auctions

$23K worth of new bike parts in unit

$23K worth of new bike parts in unit
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I looked at the FAQ and the stickies this seemed like the best choice.

I owned a majority interest in a company that built custom bicycles for several years, and over that time I accumulated a unit full of new bicycle parts. I sold the company, my sale allowed me to keep the components in the storage unit, and now it looks like I might be moving for a new venture. All of this info is verifiable with a simple google search and with paperwork I have on hand, I have been profiled in Forbes, nothing is stolen.

Anyway, I am looking to get rid of this unit and need to sell the contents. I want to sell it as a whole so that it is swept clean by the buyer when they are done loading out. In addition to the $23K worth of bike parts, (actual ebay sale prices by the way, not retail), there are thousands of dollars worth of other items as well, but I'll start with a brief listing of those bike parts, all of these parts are new in box or brand new take offs, the only marks may be dust or from movement in the storage unit/boxes:

63 sets of 26" cruiser wheels with heavy gauge chrome spokes, blue rims, coaster rear brake, and 26x2.125" whitewall tires with tubes. 41 sets are in wheel boxes taped for shippment, 22 sets are loose wothout boxes, some of the wheel boxes have damage, but only from being stacked in the storage unit, they would probably be fine to ship as is. One seller allone has sold 29 sets very similar to these for $129.95, putting the real ebay value of the wheel/tire combos over $8100 if you sold them at $129.95 as well.

Also in the unit, about 100 pairs of new Kenda Kraze 26" blackwall cruiser tires. One ebay seller has a sales history of moving an off brand version of this tire combo for $59 a pair, putting the real ebay value at over $5900 even if you sold these for the same price as the knockoff non-Kenda tires.

There are around 225 sprung cruiser saddles in various styles. Most are still in cardboard, with plastic wrapping, many include reflectors and seatposts as well. Similar saddles without the seatpost or reflectors are selling steadily at $23.95 putting the value of these saddles at over $5400 if selling at that same price.

There are about 30 sets of pedals in various styles including aluminum and block style, almost all are still in cellophane wrapped as a pair. The block pedals are selling for $12.95 on ebay, making the value of the pedals around $400 if sold at the same price on ebay.

There is also a box full of new kickstands, probably over 100, and similar styles are selling at $16.95 on ebay, making the value about $1700 if they were sold at the same price.

Just the value of those parts alone add up to over $21K but I want to sell the whole unit so that it can be delivered swept clean the day of the transaction. Also included is a currently California registered 2 rail motorcycle trailer that can be converted to a stake bed cargo trailer. I bought this to haul my Ducati, and used it for one trip, probably not more than 200 miles, I don't know what they sell for used but I paid around $800 for it if I remember correctly. There is a ton of other valuable merchandise including motorcycle parts, a herman miller chair, photographic enlarger and darkroom equipment, bike frames, etc. Thousands of dollars worth of additional items, on top of the bike parts listed all included in the sale.

I was offered $4000 for the bike parts alone, but the person who made the offer did not have storage for the other items in the unit while they were waiting for them to sell, and I want to get rid of the unit all at once ,so I am posting here entertaining offers over $4000 for everything. The unit is paid for, there is no lien. It is located in Southern CA. There are a few items I will take with me from the unit. None of the items listed above, namely some yearbooks/photos, Porsche parts/Porsche factory calendars, a new moped engine and exhaust pipe, one bike frame and a few other small items. I can't get to them easily until the other items are removed, or I wouldn't even mention it. I can obviously provide photos of the items, the unit, additional details, and links to the ebay listings I mentioned to show that items like I have are actually selling at the prices to support the total value quoted.

Please PM or e-mail me with interest at invstor17 at aol dot com and I will provide all the additonal info/photos mentioned. Whoever offers the highest amount after getting all the details gets the unit. I don't have time for all the back and forth of an auction format so my loss is definitely your gain.

Thank you

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: $23K worth of new bike parts in unit
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »
You may be a candidate for Travis' new FREE storage auction listing service. He has not sprung it on the public yet, but will do so soon. You could PM him and talk about it.  IF you decide to go with him, I would like a 1% commission for steering you in the right direction.  ;D

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:09:40 PM »
You may be a candidate for Travis' new FREE storage auction listing service. He has not sprung it on the public yet, but will do so soon. You could PM him and talk about it.  IF you decide to go with him, I would like a 1% commission for steering you in the right direction.  ;D

Yep, Invstor, you can be the guinea pig that sets the new site into motion. Why not open with a bang. Hell, I'll market it for you for free.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
Quite frankly I'm suspicious of anyone that is willing to sell $25K worth of parts for $4K just to dump a unit. If I didn't have the time I would make an offer to someone for them to handle the selling and give them a 30% commission. There are a lot of unemployed salesmen out there that would jump at the opportunity.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 02:49:34 PM »
Thanks for the quick response guys! Travis I will  PM you with additional details. I just want to make sure that I get at least what the bike guy offered me so your service might be just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks for the advice Alloro, that's a good approach, but honestly I just want to take care of it all at once, and get rid of the unit in one shot since life is pulling me in many directions right now. I know I'm leaving a lot of money on the table.

Thanks again!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick response guys!

Here's another idea. I'm only 400 miles away from your goods. Post some photos or a link to photo-bucket or whatever and let ME take a look at it. I might be interested.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 03:51:32 PM »
Would be happy to send a bunch of photos. The forum limits me to 4, if you send me an e-mail through the site I will reply with photos of everything and links to the ebay auctions I mentioned.

Thanks!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »
You can also host the images on Photo Bucket or on your website and place links in your post.  ;)

xx
It might be worth more in parts!

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post December 18, 2014, 01:54:25 PM
by Travis
xx
Can someone show me what is making this unit worth

Started by bwd111

6 Replies
Last post November 05, 2013, 11:19:50 AM
by HomeGrownPromos