Storage Auctions

Always check those trash bags out!

Always check those trash bags out!
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:55:33 PM »
Was a nice day today and the auctions were over way to quick.  So I decided to put up the sun shade and work on cleaning out my sorting area shed.  I had piled trash bags upon bags up underneath my sorting table.  I knew it was cloths/linens that I just didn't feel like messing with at the time.  Some of these bags have been sitting there for months.

Found a bunch of trash, 2 totes worth of jeans / kids-cloths to keep and sale.  In the mix was 4 boxes of cloths to donate to Goodwill.  At the bottom of some of the bags I'd pull out a few pennies, letters, or some trash.  However, I also found in my next to last bag a herringbone necklace.  It's only .925 sterling silver but is worth $27 at current spot price.

If I had just figured all junky, moldy cloths I'd of been tossing out money.

Re: Always check those trash bags out!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Awesome advice!You can never be to careful.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »
Always worth a dump and re-stuff in another bag.   :D

Glad you got something good today.

Should also check the flaps on the inside of boxes.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 08:11:04 PM »
Well I was wrong on the weight of this thing - is worth $57 bucks.  Finally broke down and bought a 3lb postal weight scale.  Still need to get a 50lb or larger one.

Today was a good day.  Did another Goodwill run, have a freaking ton of pants and few other cloths items to sale, and sold my 10k ring for $129 on ebay.  So that was $107 pure profit.  So can't wait for the auctions next week.  Hope to find some new surprises.

Oh and I check under the flaps of boxes, in pants pockets, etc.  Is a pain sometimes but has paid off in small ways before.  Is why when I get tired of cloths I just toss them up under the sort table for later.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 11:21:41 PM »
I found a Gerber MK II Early Nam era knife is a trash bag full of trash floor sweepings.  The knife looked like it had been underwater and was ugly. Still got $50 for it. Had it been in nice shape it would have been a $1,000 Knife. I always check out every bag dump them out and restuff them at least.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »
I would add check all bday cards or any envelopes..i found a 5 dollar bill in a card on my first unit!!!
Now only 395 more to go to break even! !!

xx
You'll have got to check this out, it's really cool.

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2011, 08:16:53 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Question about a check

Started by jaxxman

9 Replies
Last post February 24, 2011, 08:54:12 AM
by Ironman
xx
Check out WWW.STORAGEWARRIORS.COM

Started by StorageWarriors

2 Replies
Last post July 16, 2012, 08:14:08 PM
by Travis
xx
[update: check out what I scored] Help me out with this CL ad?

Started by Shmoopy

15 Replies
Last post January 11, 2012, 06:24:02 PM
by craiglstauction