Storage Auctions

Are auction by you starting to accept credit/debit cards?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Are auction by you starting to accept credit/debit cards?
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:07:05 PM »
Up until recently I've never seen this usually cash only but at a few recent auctions they are accepting credit and debit cards.

Not sure if I like this or not. I guess the positives is you can earn points or miles on your auctions...lol. Also you don't have to carry thousands of dollars around with you.

My downside to it personally is I'm a younger guy my largest card is 5k. I imagine some of the older more established people have 20k, 30k, etc credit limits if not more.

Just curious if they are accepting cards in at auctions you attend? Do you like it or not? Do you think it affects the price units go for?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Are auction by you starting to accept credit/debit cards?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
Yes, some site owners will take cards. Since you said in another post that you would only pay 1k or more for locker with great big ticket items, I don't think you're in danger of using up your 5k limit.

I believe the cards are becoming more popular (slowly) because the auctioneers may convice the property owners that bidders are more likely to bid higher if able to use a card...the same argument any retailer would use...ease, conveniene, pay later when bill comes due.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Are auction by you starting to accept credit/debit cards?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
My basic rule for myself is I won't go over 1k a unit for the average household unit such as tv's, even if they are flat screens, couches, furniture, etc. Just too much stuff to turn around, not sure what I'll get for everything trying to turn it arond quickly.

However for units with one big ticket item like a car, a bike, etc I'll go higher than that. Also units that are clearly an entire businesses inventory. Things like that I'll go over 1k for however not for your avergage household unit no matter how good it is.

My point with the credit cards being normally I think I got as much cash if not more than others however I dont have the highest card limit. Say a units got a 67 Camaro or something in there, if were talking cash I got a chance of walking away with the unit, cards definately not.

xx
Accepting debit/credit

Started by Alias

0 Replies
Last post April 21, 2012, 06:09:58 PM
by Alias
xx
Do auctions you attend accept credit card payments for locker buys ?

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post October 22, 2013, 01:54:44 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Drugs and credit cards??

Started by parksleyman

4 Replies
Last post October 08, 2013, 04:40:03 PM
by parksleyman
xx
Letting buyers pay with credit cards or PayPal