Storage Auctions

Auction near home

Auction near home
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »
theres thus auction comming up on saturday. Its from 12-4 and is a sealed bid auction. Drove by the pkace today and theres a sign announcing the auction. They are pulling most high value items out from the units for people to see. Also found out that its being run by habib his brother muhammad and his cousin dirka dirka. Yes its an arab run facility. These guys,are always shady. Should I even attempt to go to this auction or just let it go by?

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Auction near home
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
I would go just to have a good laugh and make some smart ass comments to the others.  I'm that kinda guy though.  if its announced you will have EVERYBODY and their brothers out at it.  certainly on a Saturday.  should be a circus.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
Should I even attempt to go to this auction or just let it go by?

Please go, and could you take some pictures and publish them here? The elephants and acrobats are my favorites !

Seriously though, I think you should go for the experience AND you might be surprised; might get one or two !

If you do go, please DO take some pics; there are only 2 or 3 of us posting any pics.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »
I would post some pics, but Doan and LZ don't allow photography or cell phones....  Which I feel is fair.  Nobody can be on google looking things up this way.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not giving away hotdogs and carnival rides.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
I would post some pics, but Doan and LZ don't allow photography or cell phones....  Which I feel is fair.  Nobody can be on google looking things up this way.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not giving away hotdogs and carnival rides.

Well, they can't stop you from taking pictures outside the facility or from across the street with a zoom !

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
Yeah I will stop by it on my way home from the other auction. Pictures shouldnt be a problem as there just a bunch of arabs that cant speak much english. Probably wont see many looky-loos as I wont stay the whole time but staged units will be good to laugh at.

@chefj
 Theres a rv store next door so might get a free hotdog then hit the auction. The way I drive is a carnival ride in itself hehe.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
Michigan is the middle east of the west.  I spent 27 years of my life in michiganistan.  Born and raised.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:20:49 PM »
Michigan is the middle east of the west.  I spent 27 years of my life in michiganistan.  Born and raised.

Spent a couple months up that way, in a border town. Hurley, WI and I think I remember it correctly, Ironwood, MI. Two states, two towns into one town, separated by a road with a train track bridge over it.

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
Spent a couple months up that way, in a border town. Hurley, WI and I think I remember it correctly, Ironwood, MI. Two states, two towns into one town, separated by a road with a train track bridge over it.

I spent a year living in Pound, Wisconsin.  Finally had enough and decided to return to Georgia.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
@chefj
Where abouts up here you lived at?

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:08:38 AM »
Correction, Dearborn is the Middle East of the Mid-West.

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 09:12:16 AM »
Yeah well habib and hashish and muhammad and dirka dirka are owning more and more stores and gas stations up by me so im a bit skiddish around them.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
Correction, Dearborn is the Middle East of the Mid-West.
It has spread much further than that in the last 20 years.  Trust me.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
@chefj
Where abouts up here you lived at?
I grew up in Monroe county, small town called carleton.  Then moved to Royal Oak, then Southfield.  Parents now live in Mount Pleasant, actually a small town called Weidman. 

I moved just before the economy, or the housing bubble burst.  Thank god for that.  Moved down to a nice stable red state, without the blood sucking unions.

xx
Does the interior of your home ever overflow with auction purchased items?

Started by MovieMan

11 Replies
Last post February 22, 2013, 04:48:34 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Today was a home run!

Started by HomeGrownPromos

12 Replies
Last post January 17, 2015, 03:52:20 AM
by Travis
xx
New Home Page