Storage Auctions

Cleaning furniture

Cleaning furniture
« on: October 27, 2011, 02:56:33 AM »
I've read a lot of comments about the BEST way to clean and deodorize furniture. Each comment seems to negate a previously suggested technique. The suggestions so far are, air purifiers, vinegar spray, steam cleaners, Fabreeze, ultra-violet lights and waving a chicken foot over the sofa three days in a row................  only kidding on the last one, but wiling to try anthing that may work. 

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning furniture
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:24:30 AM »
Well, Vinegar works for animal smells, How bout just plain old sunshine and fresh air.  Charcoal absorbs odors, can put in a nylon stocking and place under cushions or under the frame. If cloth can take your vacuum pick it up and vacuum like you do your carpet, can't get the whole thing but the beater brush helps get the dirt out. Or you could try the chicken foot. : )

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »
Don't be ridiculous. Chicken Feet do not work on furniture. You have to have a buzzard's foot

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:23:57 AM »
Don't be ridiculous. Chicken Feet do not work on furniture. You have to have a buzzard's foot
Oh is that what it is? LOL

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »
Does anyone recommend a cleaning machine of any kind to clean the furniture?

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
Does anyone recommend a cleaning machine of any kind to clean the furniture?
sorry no experience with machines.

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »
Cleaning can be ok for upholstry.Be careful not to get it too wet.Febreeze can do miracles.

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Gotta love it when the previous owners don't cover up the furniture and leave it in storage for 7 years. 

I've got a chair that needs cleaning, I'll post a picture of it here when I get the chance.  I am planning on taking my not so lean, really mean, carpet cleaning machine to it.

The dust appears to be all over this fabric.  I want to get this chair cleaned up and sold.  I'll post a before picture, we can see what it is worth in its current condition and then I'll get it all cleaned up and post an after picture.. just to see if the value looks like it would be worth increasing.

I cant post the pics now, at work and chair is at home.

xx
Spring Cleaning.....

Started by quitafind

3 Replies
Last post March 20, 2013, 09:07:55 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Spring Cleaning

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post May 08, 2013, 12:33:50 PM
by Travis
xx
What is a cleaning deposit? Why do I have to pay it? Do I get it back?

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2012, 07:35:11 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Steam Cleaning Tools

Started by mhuynh9

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2014, 09:39:48 AM
by Alias300