Storage Auctions

Congratulations to MovieMan!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Congratulations to MovieMan!
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »
Congratulations to MovieMan on his 3000th post. When you hit 5000, I'll buy you a 14KGP Polex President.  ;D

All kidding aside. Thank you for you contribution to this forum.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Congratulations to MovieMan!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:58:45 AM »
When you hit 5000, I'll buy you a 14KGP Polex President.

WHAT? No Best Buy gift card? :D

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
Congrats, Movieman!

Now quit messin' around on the puter & get back to workin' you big slacker!!  :)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:35:33 AM »
WHAT? No Best Buy gift card? :D

Nope, you have to spice things up sometimes.  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
Congratulations to MovieMan on his 3000th post. When you hit 5000, I'll buy you a 14KGP Polex President.  ;D

Well at least it will be a Polex and not a Rolez !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 09:18:30 AM »
Congrats, Movieman!

Now quit messin' around on the puter & get back to workin' you big slacker!!  :)

I'll have to admit that NOT BUYING LOCKERS has become my norm. And so far I'm liking it. I've increased the amount of picking I do and so far it's been profitable.

Not going to the dump, not breaking up particle board furniture, etc has been great. I have more free time to do other things like picking, hiking, etc.

I am still going to local auctions and keeping up with my auction friends of the last 9 years but I haven't bought a lkr since mid-December, 2012 and since that time have only bid on a couple at all, and didn't win them. The othe buyers are asking why I even bother to come (since I'm not buying) but I'm thinking one day a lkr worthy of buying will pop up and I'll be there for it.

Meanwhile it's fun to talk with the others about the new wave of high prices and declining value.  See the Auction Scene thread for the lkrs I saw on Feb 13, 2012....didn't get one there either !

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
I'll have to admit that NOT BUYING LOCKERS has become my norm. And so far I'm liking it. I've increased the amount of picking I do and so far it's been profitable.

Not going to the dump, not breaking up particle board furniture, etc has been great. I have more free time to do other things like picking, hiking, etc.

I am still going to local auctions and keeping up with my auction friends of the last 9 years but I haven't bought a lkr since mid-December, 2012 and since that time have only bid on a couple at all, and didn't win them. The othe buyers are asking why I even bother to come (since I'm not buying) but I'm thinking one day a lkr worthy of buying will pop up and I'll be there for it.

Meanwhile it's fun to talk with the others about the new wave of high prices and declining value.  See the Auction Scene thread for the lkrs I saw on Feb 13, 2012....didn't get one there either !

I know what you mean. After a couple of good months, prices have skyrocketed again at auction so i'm back to picking again myself this weekend.

This industry is like the flu that won't go away! Everytime things start to turn the corner and it looks like the serious buyers can get back to making money, a new crowd of dolts show up.  :-[

I'm beginning to think this IS the new norm. Maybe a couple of months or an auction here or there where you can get units for a decent price, continually mixed in with random months of big spending newbies that F everything up!

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »
Congratulations to MovieMan now the goal is  10,000

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
I know what you mean. After a couple of good months, prices have skyrocketed again at auction so i'm back to picking again myself this weekend.

This industry is like the flu that won't go away! Everytime things start to turn the corner and it looks like the serious buyers can get back to making money, a new crowd of dolts show up.  :-[

I'm beginning to think this IS the new norm. Maybe a couple of months or an auction here or there where you can get units for a decent price, continually mixed in with random months of big spending newbies that F everything up!

Keep in mind, everyone is just now starting to get their income tax returns in. Prices will be high for another few months.

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
Congratulations to the one person responsible for Travis having to pay Drew double what he was originally asking for this site!   :-*

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »
Congratulations to the one person responsible for Travis having to pay Drew double what he was originally asking for this site!   :-*

Thanks Teacher ! (and Drew STILL hasn't sent me my cut !) Wink!

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 10:31:49 PM »

Come on guys, you should know me better than that by know. I never pay retail and I'm always looking for a bargain.  ;) It doesn't really matter how much it cost, this forum is priceless to me.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »
congrats movieman

xx
Congratulations to Alloro!

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post May 13, 2013, 09:22:36 AM
by Cobia
xx
Congratulations to Alias on his 1000th post!

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post November 14, 2013, 10:53:45 AM
by Alias300
xx
Congratulations to rulesforrebels on his 1000th post!

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post November 15, 2013, 11:14:23 AM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
Congratulations to Alloro on his 2000th post!

Started by Travis

9 Replies
Last post October 09, 2014, 11:43:01 AM
by alloro