Storage Auctions

Dead body in a locker was almost us

Dead body in a locker was almost us
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
We bought two lockers this weekend, not really thinking about the heat that was coming up....I mean hey they were 10x5's, stuffed pretty good on one of them, but still....just 10x5's.

I think we almost both died.

90 degrees outside...hey no problem.  100 degrees as we enter the door....hmmm...ok this is not fun.  110 degrees as we hit the top of the stairs.  OK this is BAD.  REALLY bad.  Then the realization that....theres no elevator in this building.

1/3 of the way through we are sweating hard.  I mean REALLY hard.

2/3 of the way through, we're both a bit punch drunk.  Having some issues.  And we've drank all of the water we had with. 

Done....almost passed out in the locker.  Wife wasnt doing any better.  We're both panting like we ran a marathon just moving a box.  The heat was kicking us all over.  In retrospective....we should have just said forget it, and finished up the next day, or left and got water, but we were worried about moving the second locker, and finishing before gate close.  No joke...this could have gone a lot worse then we had considered.  We haven't sweated so much since we went to boot camp.

Unloading was fine....1 am at our shop, no stairs, and we had water.  Drunk guy hassled us for a ride home after he missed the last bus.  But no issues.  Just tired from earlier.

So lesson learned...second locker the next day.
We brought a ton of water.  This was still 110, another second story locker, and a some work. 

Water makes all the difference.  A cooler full of ice and water bottles.  It can save your life in this weather.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Dead body in a locker was almost us
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »
I hate units that are marketed as climate controlled and are 90 degrees.

They should specify the climate is that of a tropical island.

When I see staircases, non climate controlled indoor units, really long hallways, etc.. I bid a lot less.

Re: Dead body in a locker was almost us
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:20:20 PM »
Gotta be careful out there. An auctioneer here was telling us that they found a guy dead, digging through the unit that he won. Took them 3 days to find him. They only found him because the manager was curious why every time he walked or drove by the door was open but the unit wasn't getting any emptier. Finally the manager went into the unit and found the guy keeled over a box.

xx
3 separate dead body in storage locker stories

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post July 14, 2013, 12:12:48 AM
by ncali
xx
Six dead babies found in storage locker

Started by Travis

14 Replies
Last post November 11, 2014, 10:41:28 AM
by janette