Storage Auctions

Do gas prices affect how far you will drive to an auction?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Do gas prices affect how far you will drive to an auction?
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:58:52 AM »
California is one of four states that have "gasoline supply problems" right now...Feb, 2013.

According to the media these problems range from refinery problems to shortages to change in "blends" for the upcoming spring, summer season.

Presently in my area of central California regular unleaded is at $3.90 a gallon or thereabouts. It went up about 30 cents in the last two weeks.

What's the price in your area and does it affect how far you will drive to auctions?

Re: Do gas prices affect how far you will drive to an auction?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I think I paid $3.89 last time I bought gas . It doesnt really affect me a whole lot for the auctions as its rare I drive more than 30 miles round trip even on the caravans

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:02 AM »
Oh yeah!

I went picking this weekend and cut out some stops when I put in $20 and got less than 1/4 tank.....

Considering I have to rent a truck my auctions get closer to home as gas prices go up.  They tend not to let you rent at one location then return at another if its "local".    Means drive to auction, drive home, drive truck to facility, dive home.....could be 200-300miles.  Truck and gas adds another $100-$150?

Ill jut stay local and pay more for a unit.  Save myself the hassle.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
No! I use a company van to goto the auctions, that way free gas and a free box truck to use! Also we have 6 dumpsters at work that I use.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
ive never liekd driving far. maybe a 30 min drive max. there's more than enough auctions in that radius and i dont find any units farther have any better stuff.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 09:03:33 AM »
For the most part I stay local.  I'm down to about 4 specific auctions a month.  More auctions are going on around town but I'm either working R/L job, or they are on the other side of town and normal of poor quality.  I'm just lucky that SC has one of the lowest prices of gas.  Has shot up 38 cents in last week and half or so but still 3.58 beats out $3.90 / $4 gallon.

May have to park the Avalanche and steal my wifes car.  Only gets 3-4 miles more per gallon but that is going to add up quick here soon.

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »
It doesn't make a diff for us just yet. But, it may very soon since we are thinking of expanding the drive to possibly another State as well as farther east, west, north and south. Out of State would be an over-night visit with family or friends also. ;-)

xx
How does different auction advertisement avenues affect attendance?

Started by Dustin Rust

9 Replies
Last post January 06, 2014, 11:00:21 AM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Does the clothing you wear to a storage auction affect your success?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 04, 2012, 07:10:05 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
How many miles would you be willing to drive to an auction?

Started by MovieMan

8 Replies
Last post March 04, 2011, 04:57:34 PM
by MovieMan
xx
How far would you be willing to drive to attend a storage auction?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post November 06, 2012, 04:46:37 PM
by KrauseHouse