Storage Auctions

Do we have any stay at home moms that buy & sell storage units?

Re: Do we have any stay at home moms that buy & sell storage units?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »
I think the defining line here is if the child in question is acting as a distraction/noise maker/little bottle of chaos versus the kids who show up in the assistant/gopher/apprentice roles.

Pretty easy to tell one from the other.  Kinda like how places allow service animals, but not just anybody's pet on a leash.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »
That is a good idea guys.  I see things different then others.  The next time I go to an auction, I'm recruiting the grand kids.  Think about it, distraction, havoc and maybe Mr. Grouchy will stay home. 

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 11:34:53 AM »
I totally understand both sides here of the spectrum. I suppose I sympathize more with single parents, out-of-work-parents (now that summer is here), and parents who cannot afford a sitter. Everyone has to try to supplement their income somehow, and I can't look down on someone who needs it. That's all I am saying. Consider the "why" the kids are brought more than the kids are there.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
Under the auspices of full disclosure I feel compelled to also mention that sometime back in the early 80's I was one of those "kids" as in my Tween/Teen years I would occasionally do things with my uncle which included storage auctions (he had a thrift/resale store back then).

Which is actually why i'm starting to get interested in doing it again. 

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:38 PM »
My wife and I brought our daughter (when she was an infant/toddler) to storage auctions when I was buying and selling full time. Never any problems. Every now and then, my daughter would copy other bidders by throwing her hand in the air and yelling. People thought it was cute then.

My daughter is three and a half now and we still bring her to auctions that allow children. My daughter is one of those "out of control kids" so we have to be vigilant when we bring her. One of us usually holds her hand or my wife stands 15-20 feet behind the crowd and lets her run around and do her thing. We try to make sure that our daughter doesn't distract or annoy anyone...besides us.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »
We try to make sure that our daughter doesn't distract or annoy anyone...besides us.

...and that she doesn't throw her hands up in the air anymore, I'd venture to guess!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 10:02:20 AM »
I totally understand both sides here of the spectrum. I suppose I sympathize more with single parents, out-of-work-parents (now that summer is here), and parents who cannot afford a sitter. Everyone has to try to supplement their income somehow, and I can't look down on someone who needs it. That's all I am saying. Consider the "why" the kids are brought more than the kids are there.

Yep, that's why the kids are either at the shop or at the auctions. Anyone seen how much it cost to put more then one child in a summer camp!

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 10:06:22 AM »
Yep, that's why the kids are either at the shop or at the auctions. Anyone seen how much it cost to put more then one child in a summer camp!

As opposed to back in the day when Summer Camp was being dropped off in the woods in east Texas with a 410 and a bowie knife and told "See ya around the 1st of August, try to have a decent number of skins to sell by then"

xx
City Says Storage Unit Buyers Can't Sell From Home

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 09:38:25 AM
by jamelar
xx
What do you do with storage units that don't sell at auction?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 08:18:42 PM
by Travis
xx
2 Units Sell for $27000

Started by C4talyst

4 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 03:19:16 PM
by C4talyst
xx
Do facilities in your area sell the best units toward the end of the auction ?

Started by MovieMan

7 Replies
Last post February 06, 2014, 03:34:27 PM
by fredgsanford