Storage Auctions

Do you flip things quickly or hold out for the bigger bucks?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Do you flip things quickly or hold out for the bigger bucks?
« on: October 23, 2013, 08:12:41 AM »
Flip it quickly or hold on to it for more return?

It might depend on the item of course, what it cost you etc, but overall, I'm not in any hurry to sell something.
It doesn't cost me much if anything to hold on to something for a while and wait for the bigger sale. 

You?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Do you flip things quickly or hold out for the bigger bucks?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I flip as quick as possible to both move cash and to clear space.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
It really depends on the item. Having a store is a little different than selling elsewhere. If it is everyday common stuff I like to flip it quick. Customers usually come in looking for the unique items that are hard to find.
For instance I still have the Remington Bronze that I scored at the beginning of the year. I have put a $3000.00 price on it and have been offered $2700.00 twice to which I turned down both times. I know that it is only $300.00 difference but it pulls people into the store so I have no want to really sell it.
Now and everyday chair or dinning table I want those to go quickly. They are a dime a dozen so moving the fast is the best thing in my opinion.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »
What I've learned, and it's not true in all cases.. But if you hold onto something for the best price, you may end up losing in the end. I've turned down offers on furniture that I believed was "worth more" and ended up taking less. You really have to know your market and when to take the deal and when to leave it.

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »
What I've learned, and it's not true in all cases.. But if you hold onto something for the best price, you may end up losing in the end. I've turned down offers on furniture that I believed was "worth more" and ended up taking less. You really have to know your market and when to take the deal and when to leave it.

I agree, I have been bitten a few times, my general rule is if I can't sell it for a good profit on eBay I flip it as quick as I can. I run into space issues to store to much stuff, if I had larger space I may try to hold onto some things a little longer.

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
Big items, take up to much space so they have to go.  Junk goes quick, but cool stuff I'll wait for a good price.

xx
Flip or hold?

Started by Highlander

8 Replies
Last post February 28, 2011, 07:54:02 PM
by terry
xx
Inventory...turn over quickly or hold on to make highter dollars ?

Started by MovieMan

4 Replies
Last post April 26, 2011, 02:57:36 PM
by gravell
question
Who is the Bigger Doofus?

Started by alloro

9 Replies
Last post March 22, 2013, 09:56:20 AM
by MovieMan
xx
I'm quickly learning to hate pianos