Storage Auctions

Glendon's One Time $150; Grow in 2013

Glendon's One Time $150; Grow in 2013
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
http://storageauctionshogun.com/resale/sign-up/

"Maybe YOU can be one of US" last day.

Please note I am only posting to inform and amuse.  I actually think Glendon has useful information, and has provided U Tube some 500 free videos, and has written number of books that were well received on Amazon. His emergence into pay webinars, and coaching could be good for him, but from a marketing point of view, I am a wee bit skeptical. 

So don't blame the messenger, and please no more Tony "HOTFOOT" Robbins. Tony is a vision in his own mind, as is the successful David Ramsey, while Glendon can only dream of hustling and hucksterism.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Glendon's One Time $150; Grow in 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
Brought to you by:

Seriously though, any more compliments or plugs and I'm going to think you're working for him. The last time someone sang his praises this much, I jokingly called the guy out as being Glendon in disguise. A day or so later, Glendon magically appeared on the forum.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:54:06 AM »
I am at a loss as to why people keep making posts about this clown. Okay fine, he's carved himself out a little niche in his corner of the world, but so have so many others. IMO, if he was so great at making money in the storage auction business, he wouldn't be wasting his time selling books to teach his competition how to do it.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27:22 PM »
No offense Tiger, we're not picking on you per se. Glendon just isn't the most liked person around here. And I agree with alloro.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 12:45:00 PM »
As I posted two years ago or so when Glendon was posting here.....

....I watched a few minutes of ONE of his videos and could tell it wasn't for me. I am just not a fan of that style of communicating.

I also am not a fan of the multitudes of "self help" gurus who are selling "positive thinking", real estate how-tos, etc.

HOWEVER, I love getting their materials in a storage locker so I can resell them on eBay !  THAT'S how they make ME money!

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:30:59 AM »
Glendon has his faults.  My roommate thinks he has a disagreeable personality; and I tend to agree with her to an extent. But I recognize some of the black idoms, and I realize that many  may not go well with all (Females perhaps, in particular). However,  he has to be positive, and therefore some would say arrogant.  I would say he may be overcompensating, to show a positive attitude.  Perhaps if you have watched him, he eschews higher education, as he points to the many recent graduates that don't have  a job. Furthermore, he suggests that education has been
oversold.

I happen to agree with him, and recognize that storage auctions are only one   avenue, that he apparently took prior to the Reality TV show debut.  However, while  describing great deals, he minimizes questions about expenses as well
as shrinkage (theft); I noted that he bypassed my question about handling employees, partners, and vendors, surrounding loss prevention.

Most businesses require a paper trail, a trail apparently non-existent in the storage auction resale business.  Nobody can really figure which end is up. He  speaks of gross  revenues, but he did have a  partners, as well as contract people for Pick Up and Delivery from a warehouse with  least one 27ft box truck not to mention a store.  He also talks about re purposing items, to make the sale.  Well great, that takes lots of time, and additional money.  So really, the storage auction, is only the beginning for him, before developing  a large  fixed cost structure necessary to operate. Welcome to the real world; Glendon is no different than anybody else.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:01 AM »
Brought to you by:

Seriously though, any more compliments or plugs and I'm going to think you're working for him. The last time someone sang his praises this much, I jokingly called the guy out as being Glendon in disguise. A day or so later, Glendon magically appeared on the forum.

I started watching Glendon's videos in 2010 before I went to my first aution, by the time I won my first unit, I had watched all the videos he had made at that time and took copious amounts of notes. I also bought several of his books and read and re-read and also took notes. I have put to use so much of his knowledge, advice, and tips to what outcome?

Well in the fall of 2010 when I started going to auctions in and around my hometown, there was always a buzz about a 2 or 3 different buyers. "Is so and so here today?" " Where is so and so?" "Ahh Man, that's so and so's truck, we aren't going to win anything today!" Now fast forward to January 2013 and when it comes to the "big" names of pre-TV show era of local storage auctions, not a peep! You see, they are either no longer around or have such little impact at the auctions they are no longer local auction "household names". So what you say? Well guess who hushes the crowd and kills the hope of all bidders when he walks in? Me!! Sure, I don't buy them all, I don't try to buy them all, but I tend to buy the best ones, and if I don't win the best units I run the price up to way past it be a great deal!

So how much of this can I contribute being a green newbie in 2010 to growing to a local whale in 2013 to Glendon's training? I would say a lot! I don't discount my own attributes. Strong work ethic, experience, background, education, etc. as also being valuable assets that contributed to my success. I am sure if I had read Travis' book first I would have gotten some valuable information as well, and Glendon is not the only source for info I have used, there are others like, The Redneck Picker for instance.

In my humble opinion, I am living proof that Glendon is not a 'Snake Oil Salesmen'. Does he know it "ALL"? No, of course not, NOBODY knows it all. Are there some people on this forum that have just as large an organization/business as Glendon's was or even larger? I'm sure there are, and those people have a lot of knowledge they can share about the business. All I know is Glendon's information helped me survive, grow, and be profitable in the most competitive environment storage auctions has ever seen. I'm above water, while other guys with 10-20 years of experience are drowning!

:)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:08:44 AM »
I started watching Glendon's videos in 2010 before I went to my first aution, by the time I won my first unit, I had watched all the videos he had made at that time and took copious amounts of notes. I also bought several of his books and read and re-read and also took notes.

I was quite surprised to read the statement I quoted above. My patience with the approach and delivery used by Glendon in the very first video was enough to turn me (and him) off in just a couple of minutes into the one video I sampled. Even if I had not had substanial experience before sampling the video I wouldn't have had the ability to pursue one (let alone all) of them through to completion. 

But, if it helped you out, that's great. I admire your perserverance in watching them all.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »
Strong work ethic, experience, background, education, etc. as also being valuable assets that contributed to my success.

This is what gives you the edge, not what's written in a book.

I can't knock Glendon for the message. My main problem with him is in his delivery.

I also think some of his content in antiquated and no longer relevant in the aftermath of storage auction reality TV. I mean, it took this guy several months after the premieres of the storage auction shows before he even mentioned that the storage units were getting so expensive that people weren't able to make a profit. Those of us that were in the field noticed it the first week. During this time, he kept preaching how wonderful and profitable the storage auction business is and how now is the time to get it. Obviously, he was either so far out of touch with the storage auction scene that he didn't know what was happening to us or he deliberately chose not to mention what was happening to our industry in order to sell more books. My guess is the latter. What really turned me off to him is when this idiot said that the reality TV shows were going to be a good thing for storage auction industry.  :-[ Bet he wishes he could take that statement back.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 10:36:02 AM »
Well guess who hushes the crowd and kills the hope of all bidders when he walks in? Me!! Sure, I don't buy them all, I don't try to buy them all, but I tend to buy the best ones, and if I don't win the best units I run the price up to way past it be a great deal!

You sound like Dave Hester!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
You sound like Dave Hester!

I'm more like Lamont Sanford, but i'm working on it!  ;)

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »
You know, that's the wonderful thing about this forum. We can start a new topic and couple of people will share their point of view, then a couple of others will start arguing, then a couple of others will start cracking jokes...and yet, it's all relevant and fine in the end somehow.  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
You know, that's the wonderful thing about this forum. We can start a new topic and couple of people will share their point of view, then a couple of others will start arguing, then a couple of others will start cracking jokes...and yet, it's all relevant and fine in the end somehow.  ;D

Given that sentiment, why not extend an invitation to Glendon to come share his perspective on the recent threads regarding his endeavors ?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
couple of people will share their point of view, then a couple of others will start arguing, then a couple of others will start cracking jokes...and yet, it's all relevant and fine in the end somehow.

Bunch of amateurs if you ask me. Come by my house when my family gets together for the holidays. Now there's some professionalism in action in the "debating" field. :)

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
why not extend an invitation to Glendon

OMG, perish the thought! :(

xx
Glendon's Hustler University 30 Day BootCamp Begins March 26 2013

Started by tiger6667

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
by Travis
xx
How many lockers do you buy (on average) in a month’s time? (2013 edition)

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2013, 01:26:21 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Has anyone come across a grow room?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post August 23, 2014, 07:03:17 AM
by Cobia
xx
Glendon Strikes Again !