Storage Auctions

Honey, we're out of paper towels. Can you go buy a locker?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Honey, we're out of paper towels. Can you go buy a locker?
« on: February 03, 2011, 09:54:02 PM »
Paper towels, toilet paper, WD40, printer paper, air-in-a-can (air duster), new jackets, new shoes, new vitamins, new window cleaner, newer laptop, magazines of interest (No, not that kind!), new tripod, new digital camera (new to me).

I think you get the idea...chime in.  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Honey, we're out of paper towels. Can you go buy a locker?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
Guess I'm the only one who keeps ordinary daily needs items (let alone great electronics items).

I have a friend who says the only thing he ever buys in a store, is underwear, toilet paper and food; everything else comes in lockers !  (may be an exaggeration, but a lot of good stuff can be used for yourself). Today I got two un-opened boxes of dishwashing detergent.

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »
I just got a nice Ralph Lauren shirt in my size the other day.  I also got a case of Costco Kirkland brand toilet paper.   I get tons of detergent, softener, furniture polish, carpet cleaners, car waxes, etc.  One of the lockers I bought last Wednesday has a nice dark wood 8 drawer dresser and queen size bed combo that is going in my bedroom this week.  My wife saw it and said she'd kick me in the butt if I sold it!  Not long ago, got a nice stainless steel gas BBQ that I'm keeping.  Get artwork all the time.  Got a couple of LCD tv's in my house that came from storage units.  Tons of little hand tools and fasteners (screws, nails, glue, etc.) and all kinds of towels that I usually save for rags.  Plastic clothes hangers......buy enough units and you'll never need to buy another hanger again!

Offline ZoSo

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »
I actually haven't found many useful household items I'd hold onto.  That said I do keep at least one item from each unit that is unique to that unit.  Coin collection, old wooden cigar box, money clip, poker chips, etc. 

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
ZoSo..."The Collector"   ;D

Orlando

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
I got first aid kit stuff, paper towels, TP, cologne, a few tools I decided to keep, garbage bags, and some toys I kept for upcoming Bday and Xmas for the kids. Hell I even got a new box of 6 locks with keys.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »
My wife loves to keep the household cleaners and anything else that she can use with out going to the store to purchase.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »
My wife loves to keep the household cleaners and anything else that she can use with out going to the store to purchase.

And there's lots of stuff like that, and of course "man" things like motor oil, tools, guns, vehicles, just about anything you can imagine. If you stick around long enough you'll see something you want for yourself.

I have neighbors who can't belief the variety of goods I get, but when you think about it, they are households just like ours, richer or poorer with lots of stuff we can use. I can't imagine the money I've saved on such thing...laundry soap, dishwashing detergent, the list goes on and on.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:05 PM »
LOL Movieman my wife is always seeing something that she thinks I should keep and 9 times out 10 I'll look at it and say yeah I think I will. Then when push comes to shove I'll sell it for the right price to one of my buddies that wants it. However you are correct about oil, select tools, a gun would be a no brainer.

Offline ZoSo

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »
The last unit I got had a great deal of paper towels and windex in it.  Can always use those!!!

xx
What's the deal with Honey Boo Boo ?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post December 27, 2012, 10:05:01 AM
by dbr831
xx
Relatively Unknown Picker Honey Holes

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post March 12, 2015, 03:57:13 AM
by MikeMilez