Storage Auctions

How do you pinch pennies?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
How do you pinch pennies?
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:14:41 AM »
We all know that if you're just patient, you will eventually find everything you could ever want or need inside a storage unit. However, sometimes you need things that you just can't wait for. In situations like this, how do you save money on the things you need to buy?

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
Re: How do you pinch pennies?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:52 AM »
you ask all your storage buying buddies if they have found it and make a deal with them. Or search Craigslist for it. Never pay retail!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: How do you pinch pennies?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:39 AM »
you ask all your storage buying buddies if they have found it and make a deal with them. Or search Craigslist for it. Never pay retail!

I agree, never pay retail. I had to buy a suit this week. I went to several retail stores and was disgusted with the prices. Even a cheap suit will run you $150 these days. Most good quality suits are in the $300-500 range. I decided to go by our local mega thrift store and they had a great selection. I found a practically brand new suit from Neiman Marcus which fit me like a glove. This quality would have cost me several hundred dollars if I would have paid retail for it. Instead - $17. I'll take the $500 I saved and put it in my daughter's college fund.

xx
Two 1909 VDB Pennies

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 12:10:43 AM
by the teacher
xx
Any boardies into hoarding copper pennies and or buying copper ingots/bars?

Started by rulesforrebels

22 Replies
Last post October 30, 2011, 04:55:28 PM
by LoneStarAds.US