Storage Auctions

Spring Cleaning.....

Spring Cleaning.....
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:51:27 PM »
I did a little Spring cleaning in the yard this weekend and was amazed at some of the forgotton storage auction treasures / junk that I unearthed during the cleanup.  Here are some of the items that went in the trash pile or were given away for free on Craigslist:

1.  Iron back of a piano (400 lbs) that has been laying in my yard killing the grass for 6 months - Free on Craigslist
2.  4'x4' piece of frosted glass (100 lbs) - Free on Craigslist
3.  Lake union fiberglass boat cover with wood inlay - Free on Craigslist
4.  Upright piano - garbage pile
5.  Portable basketball hoop missing parts - Free on Craigslist
6.  New Home sewing cabinet - Free on Craigslist

The best part about cleaning up is gaining more space for new inventory :D  What type of junk / items have been laying around your yard for the last year?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Spring Cleaning.....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
I have a few large items that i need to get rid of but haven't. About 6 months ago I bought a new engine for a Cadillac I was fixing up. I kept all of the valuable parts off of the old engine, I was determined you recoup some money. So needless to say, I still have a bunch of parts laying around my garage.

I also have this huge library globe (3 feet wide) from the 1950's that I have been saving to hopefully one day restore.

We don't have a problem with outside clutter at my house, it's inside. My wife is a clothing/shoes hoarder. She needs a separate room for her clothes. Thank God I'm not buying as many units as I used to, I wouldn't be able to walk though our bedroom.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »
If anyone here doesn't have items cluttering up at least one room in their home, they're either not buying much or they are a very organized and efficient buyer indeed.

My problem is just getting rid of stuff so REGULAR spring cleaning can take place !

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
Lol - I started this a few weeks ago when a Sunday found a light breeze and low 70s.  Found a few boxes in the back fo the shed that I hadn't sorted yet.  Found a old metal desk that I sold the next day for $10.  A few other odds and ends.  Working on a nice big trash pile now - will be time to hit the dump next week.

Rain all this weekend so may just sit in the shed and sort / scrap some more.  I prob have $100 or more in electronic scrap I need to send out.  Getting a nice size stack of clean copper, alum heatsinks, etc.  All of this is part of my rainy day fund when low on money or want to take a vacation.

Already done one trip to Goodwill and have another truck/trailer full I'm sure of stuff.  Once done with that shed, I have 3 others and the house to do.

xx
Spring Cleaning

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post May 08, 2013, 12:33:50 PM
by Travis
xx
Cleaning furniture

Started by Southern Yankee

7 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 06:58:02 PM
by LoneStarAds.US
xx
Steam Cleaning Tools

Started by mhuynh9

5 Replies
Last post March 17, 2014, 09:39:48 AM
by Alias300
xx
What is a cleaning deposit? Why do I have to pay it? Do I get it back?

Started by MovieMan

0 Replies
Last post December 03, 2012, 07:35:11 PM
by MovieMan