Storage Auctions

Storage Place Going Through Units Prior to Auction

Storage Place Going Through Units Prior to Auction
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »
Does anyone out there think that the owners of the storage units has the ability to go through the units prior to auction and look for the valuable items?  That would really suck if it were to happen. 

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Place Going Through Units Prior to Auction
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
1)   SOME mgrs will let a tenant go in and take out stuff before the mgr lock goes on.

2)   Having done that (and knowing the tenant won’t be back) the mgr can go in and take whatever he wants.

3)   Or if the mgr knows a tenant has defaulted and not a chance in hell he’ll be back (jail, death, moved out  of              state) he can also get in and take whatever he wants.

4)  The mgrs are often there 24/7 and the gates are locked even to tenants after hours.

They have complete freedom to roam. If they are crooked there’s not much to
      stop them.

5)   Some states don’t require auctions. The mgrs having not been able to contact the former tenant can keep all the   stuff for themselves, sell the lkr outright to a regular buyer, etc.

There are all kinds of ways that bad things can happen.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
Doesnt that make you incredible angry?  I know there is nothing you can do about it, but it still sucks.  Think about all of the hard work you put into traveling around, spending a pretty penny and all of the hard work to sell the items,  and there could have been a valuable item that was removed prior to the auction.  Guess its no use crying about it when there is nothing you can do about it.  Maybe there is a way to set them up and have a locker that really isnt up for auction to see if they go through it.  I know, stupid idea.  Just would love to find a way to catch them.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:13 PM »
Doesnt that make you incredible angry?  I know there is nothing you can do about it, but it still sucks. 

You learn the bad places and you don't go back.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
Cant wait til I have been around long enough to figure that out.

xx
No auction place is safe.

Started by craiglstauction

3 Replies
Last post February 11, 2012, 12:31:58 PM
by alloro
xx
Researching Auctions Prior to Going

Started by BMoney

10 Replies
Last post June 27, 2013, 02:01:46 AM
by blaknite
xx
Don Tollefson's storage units up for auction

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post February 25, 2014, 03:30:17 PM
by bwd111
xx
What do you do with storage units that don't sell at auction?

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post January 20, 2015, 08:18:42 PM
by Travis