Storage Auctions

Strange rules at storage auctions

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Strange rules at storage auctions
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »
Do any of the auctions you attend have strange rules or procedures that get under your skin?   :41:

Re: Strange rules at storage auctions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
nothing that gets under my skin but I was at one and the lady auctioneer ran it like she was a drill Sgt. I'm always very friendly especially toward the auctioneers but she was having none of it. Also at another auction they sold a unit but you couldn't take the contents until the following week as the tenant had asked for an extra week to pay. So if they pay you don't get the unit.(they also didnt take money for that unit until pickup so not too bad).

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:13:42 PM »
Also at another auction they sold a unit but you couldn't take the contents until the following week as the tenant had asked for an extra week to pay. So if they pay you don't get the unit.(they also didnt take money for that unit until pickup so not too bad).

It's called a "contingency" sale and is common in some states.

Offline House of Treasures

• We Buy Junk We Sell Antiques
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:27:58 PM »
I was at one a couple of weeks ago and the Auctioneer plainly stated " If you step on the thresh hole you cannot bid on this unit" . About the 5th unit he was interested in it (nice antique unit) and started bidding on it himself STANDING ON THE THRESH HOLE, someone called him on it  and the  look on his face was priceless. He composed himself and said he needed to be there to see the bids. He won the unit for $850

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
I was at one a couple of weeks ago and the Auctioneer plainly stated " If you step on the thresh hole you cannot bid on this unit" . About the 5th unit he was interested in it (nice antique unit) and started bidding on it himself STANDING ON THE THRESH HOLE, someone called him on it  and the  look on his face was priceless. He composed himself and said he needed to be there to see the bids. He won the unit for $850

That's just wrong on so many levels.

xx
Storage Auction Laws - Rules

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post November 28, 2012, 11:10:40 PM
by Travis
xx
Are there unspoken rules of etiquette for storage unit buyers?

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post October 06, 2014, 10:29:15 PM
by Travis
xx
Rules For Posting In This Section

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post March 20, 2014, 11:01:34 PM
by Travis
xx
Have you been effected by eBay's new rules for free listings?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post July 14, 2014, 12:42:20 PM
by luke